IT Systems AdministratorRichmond, British Columbia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Vancouver is seeking an IT Systems Administrator with expertise in IT Operations. You will be responsible for supporting over 500 Windows servers. This is a highly virtualized environment that has a strict patch management cycle. You will also be responsible for supporting our tape backups. As an SME in your area, the IT Service Desk will escalate some of the more challenging issues to you to help support. If you are interested in virtualization, security, redundancy and IT operations best practices, then this role is for you. This Level 2 position is located in Richmond, British Columbia.
- Provides escalated desktop technical support from 1st Level IT Staff which includes troubleshooting, diagnosis and closure of advanced issues with software, hardware, and network connectivity in a fast-paced environment.
- Engages appropriate internal Technical resources and/or 3rd Party Vendors to ensure resolution of escalated issues.
- Provides Incident Request support which includes troubleshooting, documentation, providing status updates to both customers and management.
- Provides 1st-level support coverage as needed. This includes answering ACD telephone, E-mail IT-Requests and registering requests with the IT Ticketing System
- VMWare infrastructure which includes over 500 servers running on ESXi.
- VMWare VDI maintenance for offshore users.
- Provides general server administration and maintenance. This includes:
- Physical installation of Servers and new devices.
- Hardware inventory and asset management
- OS and software installation and Virtual Machine configuration
- Server & Network device configuration for remote management
- Server & Network device hardware failure replacement
- Initial response to Network Management (NMS) alerts related to RAM, Disk space, CPU utilization, etc.
- Active Directory (AD) maintenance
- Automates deployment of configuration standards using system policies and/or scripts
- Provides installation, support, maintenance and upgrades of corporate business applications in coordination with management and end-user community.
- Provides enterprise backup administration and daily review of backup jobs (Commvault)
- Provides Data Center and Telecommunication Room support and maintenance (e.g. ensuring UPS battery replacement, A/C monitoring, etc.)
Required Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 5+ years of experience in desktop operations, support and administration in a medium-sized environment (500+ desktop systems)
- Familiarity with online and other resources for software and hardware research and troubleshooting. Ability to quickly learn new technologies and keep abreast of the latest technological advances.
- Outstanding organizational skills, ability to prioritize effectively, and experience with technical project management.
- Ability to work productively in cross-functional teams or resourcefully and independently
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- NetApp experience / certification
- Cisco UCS experience
- Highly service-oriented, reliable, responsible, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact professionally with a diverse group
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization in a professional manner
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More