Software Application DeveloperRichmond, British Columbia
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Vancouver is seeking a Software engineer that enjoys being a significant contributor and influencing the development, documentation and maintenance of software in order to meet customer, functional, and/or regulatory requirements, quality objectives, and constraints specific to the applicable domain and available technology. You thrive in a high impact environment working on software development in the aerospace industry. You have solid design, back end and front end skills that allows you to help deliver a valuable solution to our end users. This Level 3 position is located in Vancouver, British Columbia.
Influences the development, documentation and maintenance of software architectures in order to meet customer, functional, and/or regulatory requirements, quality objectives, and constraints specific to the applicable domain and available technology.
- Provides technical recommendations for software development
- Engages in code review sessions
- Implements development of best practices within the team
- Participates in the development of fundamental approaches to projects and requirements for implementation
- Contributes to the development, maintenance, and unit tests for software
- Develops/decomposes, documents and maintains designs for an application
- Provides expertise on issue resolution
- Works closely with the architect, product owner, testers, and other developers
- Develops RESTful APIs
- Promotes test driven development
- Mentors developers within the organization
- Creates technical documentation, including:
- Spike (research) findings
- API usage documentation
- Design/architecture documentation (and diagrams)
Required Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or similar technical degree
- Minimum 5 years of successfully developing software
- Experience working in an Agile team environment and Strong understanding of Agile practices and processes (Scrum).
- Expert-level proficiency in at least one Object Oriented language (preferably Java).
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience with cloud development (Microsoft Azure or AWS).
- Experience with Microservice (Docker / SpringBoot).
- Experience in back end software development using mainstream technologies such as Java, spring, Node.js.
- Experience building REST APIs and using messaging services.
- Experience with both traditional relational databases as well NoSQL databases
- Experience leading or contributing to technical design
- Strategic development mindset with great problem solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
BA40I3 (BA1) - Software Application Developer-Product 3 (Information Technology
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More