Inspector - Final AssemblyRidley Park, Pennsylvania
At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company’s Final Assembly Inspector inspects all aircraft parts and assemblies for conformance to drawings, specifications, fixtures and templates. This position is located in Ridley Park, PA
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Inspect all electrical, mechanical and final assemblies of aircraft for conformance to drawings, specifications, fixtures and templates
- Inspections to include, but are not limited to sheet metal subassemblies, repaired and salvaged units, pre-production templates, and fabrication
- Inspect aircraft for completeness, workmanship, cleanliness, out of position Eos, configuration, and open changes
- Ensure the presence of required records and related paperwork for Customer presentation
- Order rework, prepare MRs, RDRs, and other records as needed
- Determine acceptability of parts against preliminary engineering drawings, Eos, or salvage requirements
- Contact Engineering for resolution of parts or assemblies that are not fully functional; act as liaison between manufacturing and engineering as applicable
- Stamp or otherwise approve acceptable parts, subassemblies and assemblies; prepare paperwork for non-conforming order rejections or rework
- May be required to perform inspection duties at subsidiary plants, vendor or subcontractor plants
- May advise subcontractors and in-plant personnel of acceptable methods of inspection and interpretation of Company standards
- May provide instruction to employees designated to assist with the above duties
- Perform all work in accordance with specified documents or oral instructions, and in conformance with Company standards of safety, workmanship, and good housekeeping
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee
- 1 or more years in in aerospace/aviation assembly, wiring, and/or maintenance
Typical Education/ Experience:
- Education is acquired through high school or trade/vocational training
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in assembly inspection or equivalent
- Requires the ability to read, write and follow verbal or written instructions
Other Relevant Information and Requirements:
- This is an hourly position governed by the UAW Collective Bargaining agreement.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More