Inspector, Non-Destructive TestRidley Park, Pennsylvania
“At Boeing we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.”
The Boeing Company Inspector Non-Destructive test performs quality control ultrasonic and X-ray inspection procedures.
- Setup, load, and inspect production parts in accordance with established test programs, calibration standards, and inspection plans
- Stamp or otherwise indicate parts of acceptable quality, note flaw indications and prepare and maintain records for parts of unacceptable quality
- Compare Company and vendor test results against accepted standards, determine acceptability, and obtain Customer Inspection approval. May be required to perform inspection duties at subsidiary plants, vendor or subcontractor plants
- Perform minor repairs to equipment such as replacing fuses, circuit breakers, wires, tubes, and assist in maintenance of X-ray records and supplies
- Plan and write inspection plan documents detailing operations and instructions required to set up test equipment, position parts, and carry out tests. Participate in the development of test programs, procedures, and acceptance criteria for calibration standards
- May provide instruction to employees and vendors designated to assist with the above duties. Use all materials, tools, equipment, and instruments and perform work in accordance with drawings, specifications, written, and oral instructions, and Company standards of workmanship, safety, and good housekeeping practices
- This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
- Must be able to produce required certifications for- Ultrasonic (UT) and Radiography (RT)
- Work to NAS410 Specifications
- Education and training in Nondestructive Testing (NDT) for a Certified Level 2 in Ultrasonic Inspection & Radiography (RT)
- Experience developing, executing and improving business processes
- Experience working with Senior Management to set expectations and provide ongoing communications (tracking progress, providing data, and resolving issues)
- Experience developing presentations
- Strong Microsoft Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint skills essential. Proficiency with Word a plus
- High school diploma/GED and/or vocational/trade school training
- Exercise considerable independent judgment
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
This is an hourly position governed by the UAW Collective Bargaining agreement.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.