Manufacturing Manager- L Level- Vertical Lift Core OperationsRidley Park, Pennsylvania
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) organization is seeking Manufacturing Manager (Level L) to join the team located at the Ridley Park, PA.
- Manages employees and first-level managers performing activities within multiple manufacturing disciplines.
- Develops and executes integrated departmental plans, policies and procedures and provides input on departmental business and technical strategies, goals and objectives.
- Acquires resources for department activities, provides technical management of suppliers and leads process improvements.
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports.
- Provides oversight and approval of technical approaches, products and processes.
- Manages, develops and motivates employees and first-level managers.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- College Degree or higher.
- Experience with Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, and SharePoint.
- Minimum 3 year experience performing data analysis and/or reporting in a manufacturing environment or Production operations.
- Strong communications skills and attention to detail
- Experience with process improvement.
- Possess at least 3 years of leadership experience in production / manufacturing environment
- Experience in a Manufacturing Operations environment.
- Experience managing a Collective Bargaining Unit (CBU) / hourly union-represented workforce.
- Effective team building skills, develops and motivates employees and first-level managers.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Experience interfacing with senior and executive leadership
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience leading teams and/or managing complex projects
- Experience working with Lean+ and/or Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) tools
- Experience working with organizations to develop strategies, plans and metrics to accomplish company initiatives using Lean methodologies or other applicable tools and processes.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Primary responsibilities will be to support the Vertical Lift Director of Operations and manage Core Operations functions including FOD, Tool Services, Tool Fabrication, Lean and Employee Involvement for the Philadelphia Site. Will also support the oversight and management of Operations Overhead, Bulk and Capital Plans.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More