Mission Systems Electrical EngineerRidley Park, Pennsylvania
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
The Vertical Lift division of The Boeing Company is seeking experienced Mission Systems Electrical Engineers to join the Mission Systems Development team. This team develops solutions for the H-47 Chinook, V-22 Osprey, and Future Vertical Lift advanced multi-mission helicopters for the United States Military and International defense forces. You will work as a member of a growing team to define, develop, integrate and test hardware and software for enhanced capabilities. These Level 3 positions will physically reside in Ridley Park, PA. If you’re the kind of person seeking a challenge in a fast-paced and exciting organization, join our culture of excellence in Avionics Design & Integration.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Work on a cross-functional team with system engineers, software developers, and system test engineers to translate system and software requirements into architectural solutions
- Responsible for activities spanning the entire hardware and software life-cycle including but not limited to planning, design, implementation, and test
- Responsible for designing and developing quality products
- Supporting multiple projects / customers concurrently
- Support design and code reviews
- Supporting software testing and resolution of issues arising from software testing
- Developing and testing innovative solutions in support of advanced projects and experiments
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Experience with Avionics Hardware / Software Development
- Working knowledge of avionic communication protocols such as MIL STD 1553, ARINC 429, VME, RS232, RS422, TCP/IP, UDP/IP, Link16
- Occasional travel will be required
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills / Experience):
- Knowledge / Experience with one or more of the following: MATLAB; Ada, C, C++, or C#; Python; DOORS
- Work experience in software development, systems engineering, or integration and test experience with mission systems on tactical platforms is a PLUS but not required
- Experience with Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experience with Technical Supplier Subcontract Management
- Development and derivation of requirements
- Familiarity with FACE / MOSA
Typical Education / Experience:
Education / experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master +3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or be willing to relocate at their own expense.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.