Vertical Lift Software Engineer (Experienced)
Ridley Park, Pennsylvania
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Vertical Lift Software Engineer (Experienced)
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is currently seeking Experienced Software Engineers to join the Ridley Park, PA campus where we work on multiple Boeing programs, including V-22, H-47, FLRAA, Enterprise DevSecOps, Space and Launch Systems, Autonomous Maritime and many more. This position will focus on supporting the Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) business organization.
At Boeing, our software engineers use their expertise to dream up next generation software capabilities for some amazing aerospace platforms. Boeing encourages its engineers to move up as technical leads as well as gives them opportunities to grow into management. Join us and you will have the unique opportunity to develop real-time embedded software for the most sophisticated military platforms in the world. Across Commercial, Defense and Global Services, our teams are developing software for next generation trainers; tactical fighter aircraft; helicopters; unmanned air vehicles; space, satellite, and weapons systems; state of the art flight simulators; cybersecurity solutions, and much more.
This position allows telecommuting. The selected candidate will be required to perform some work onsite at one of the listed location options.
- Leading a team in full life-cycle mission, vehicle, display, and/or flight control software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and/or analysis using C, C++, C#, Python, Java, Ada, or Linux.
- Leading development and debugging of real-time embedded applications.
- Working with customers and other engineers to define requirements, such as understanding and agreeing upon the function of the software system.
- Architecting and designing software to meet current and future requirements.
- Implementing and testing software using a variety of technologies and software languages
- Mentoring early career engineers
- Responsible for designing and developing quality products, have strong communication skills, and are capable of working in a multi-tasking environment while supporting multiple projects concurrently
We work in a casual but professional environment with multi-disciplined teams of engineers that take pride in developing, integrating, testing and delivering innovative solutions. There is long-term potential for career growth into technical leadership or management positions and we value the curiosity, tenacity and imagination our engineers bring to our teams each day.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a Secret US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. Ability to obtain Secret US Security clearance Post-Start.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or other technical degree.
- 5+ years of experience with full life-cycle Software development, modeling, simulation, testing, and/or analysis using C, C++, C#, Python, Java, Ada, or Linux.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years working in Agile software development framework.
- 3+ years of experience with real-time embedded software development.
- Familiarity with DO-178C requirements is preferred.
- Experience with LDRA or other code coverage tools is preferred.
- Familiarity working with and/or developing software requirements/test methodology.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience).
- In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
- For further information on the basic relocation plan, refer here.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities