Carpenter - Senior LevelSacramento, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Senior Carpenter to support our business in Sacramento, CA. This organization supports mission critical government programs.
This position will work with a very diverse team including an electrician, HVAC Technician, Project Manager, Information Technology and Facility Security Specialists seeing projects through from design/build to construction and implementation. There are multiple ongoing projects in an exciting and never boring atmosphere in addition to carpentry, the position will entail locksmith work as well as handyman type repairs such as touch up painting, picture hanging and small furniture builds.
- Designs and builds of crates.
- Demonstrates skill level in construction to include rough in and lay out.
- Constructs commercial office space by providing overall carpentry capabilities, including framing walls, drywall applications/finishing, painting, and acoustical ceiling and tiled carpet installations.
- Mounts TVs, hanging pictures.
- Uses a variety of hand and power tools to construct, renovate, and repair facilities and equipment.
- Uses forklifts
- Reads and understands more complex carpentry project designs and construction blueprints and interprets basic schematics and diagrams.
- Responds to trouble calls and resolves a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity.
- Repairs and maintains plant and office facilities equipment and demonstrates advanced skill level in these areas.
- Under general guidance, reviews, customer requirements and may evaluate product capabilities.
- Uses knowledge of building codes, regulations, and safety procedures.
- Manages wood shop material - maintain inventory, orders, and provides report/orders on wood, nails, tools.
- May provide training to peers and/or customers on the general use of equipment.
- Meet physical requirements of the job to include; constant standing and walking, frequent bending at the waist, twisting, pushing/pulling, moving heavy items (safes, refrigerators, etc.), occasional kneeling, working at elevated heights/climbing ladders, working on lifts and/or scaffolds and carrying up to 35 pounds.
- Uses pressure washer, responsible for keeping outside area clean.
- Special assignments of breaking into a door, repair'/replacement of door locks, combinations locks etc.
- Performs general Locksmith duties to include a variety of tasks to include but not limited to the installation or replacement of doors and/or frames, door hardware (to include both passage hardware and locking hardware), and safe retrofitting.
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. A final Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) U. S. Security Clearance with a Counterintelligence Polygraph is required Pre-Start.
Security Clearance/Special Program Access or other Government Access Requirements are mandatory for this position.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Carpentry experience
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Locksmith experience
- Experience installing cipher locks and combination door locks
- Forklift certification or experience
- Experience in the disposal of hazardous waste materials, i.e. florescent light bulbs
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 7 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+5 years' related work, Bachelor+2 years' related work, etc.).
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
RELOCATION: This position is located in a location that does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
DRUG FREE WORKPLACE: Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More