Assembly MechanicSaint Charles, Missouri
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
The Boeing Company is looking for an Assembly Mechanic that is located in St. Charles, Mo.
Assembly Mechanic encompasses all of the duties of the following job classifications: Inspector Assembly, Sub-Assembly Precision, Mechanic Aircraft Production, Mechanic Electrical and Radio, Sheet Metal Assembler and Riveter.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Assemble precision assemblies, set up and operate ream fixtures to drill, ream, countersink, spot face, hone and bore for mating major assemblies.
• Setup and operate shot peen equipment and accessories for stress relieving assemblies as required.
• Install press fit bushings and force fit bushings. File, fit, hone, ream, drill, tap, saw, burr and adjust.
• Assemble a variety of production aircraft and spacecraft parts and install aircraft equipment, support equipment or power plant equipment.
• Install, operationally check out, adjust, rig and pressure check systems.
• Perform bench and assembly line operational check out, troubleshooting, repair and adjustment of electrical and electronic systems, lighting circuits, power plant systems, wing fold circuits, missile launch racks, aircraft instrumentation, provide flight test instrumentation, fire wiring system, fuel system.
• Assemble, install, check out physical characteristics and modify wire bundles to aircraft of aircraft mock ups.
• Bench assemble electrical or electronic components and conductors into electrical units and systems before methods and procedures have been established.
• Cut, identify, strip, tin, solder, attach components, and pot to prepare wire for assembly.
• Tie, seal, and pack assembled bundles and units.
• Install wire bundles or other electrical and electronic components in aircraft, power plants or ground support equipment.
• Assemble aircraft and/or spacecraft structures or aircraft and/or spacecraft support equipment structures with or without the aid of jigs and fixtures by drilling, reaming, countersinking, stop countersinking, dimpling as assigned, burring, fastening, filing, filling, fitting, aligning, trimming, shimming and remove surface defects as assigned.
• Perform skilled assembly operations such as: shimming, fitting, trimming and aligning which may vary considerably from one assembly to another as with fairings and the mating of major assemblies; realigning or replacing ribs, bulkheads or stringers in skinned assemblies; establishing from blue-prints with or without firm callouts, butt, center, chord, station and water lines; blind pick up of hole locations for blank parts from existing structure; correcting cans, buckles, wrinkles in outer skins and remove surface defects as assigned.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Security Clearance and Export Control Requirements:
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim clearance pre-start, secret clearance post-start is required.
• Minimum 1 year assembly experience
• Minimum 1 year of experience with sheet metal assemblies, drilling, countersinking, riveting, and fastener installation
• Aircraft assembly experience
• Currently hold or have held a security clearance in the past 24 months
Other Relevant Information:
- The selected candidate must be able to work any shift, as assigned.
- This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement.
- New Hires, as well as employees who transfer from non-union positions, may be required to attend some type of training upon their start. Once any required training has been completed all new employees will be considered on probation for a period of forty (40) working days. Continued employment is contingent upon successful completion of any required training and the probationary period.
High school graduate or GED preferred. Prefer a minimum of one (1) or more years of related work experience.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values everyday not only because it's the right thing to do, but because out success depends on it. The company's commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More