Senior Project Engineer - Harpoon Program IntegratorSaint Charles, Missouri
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company in St Charles, MO is seeking a motivated & experienced Program Integrator for the Harpoon Lot 91 program. The Cruise Missiles organization is a strong and growing business that produces long-range precision guided weapons which are employed around the world to support the defense of the United States and allied countries.
The Harpoon Lot 91 Program Integrator provides senior programmatic leadership for the program from an Engineering Management perspective in support of the Harpoon Program Manager and Chief Engineer. Responsibilities of the Project Engineer encompasses support of the entire acquisition process, including:
- Supporting customer (domestic and international) identification of requirements
- Proposal development, including development of competitive pricing and delivery dates
- Providing supplier management with quantity, configuration and delivery requirements
- Monitoring supplier quality and delivery performance
- Providing leadership to a team representing multiple skill areas and acting as a liaison between the functions and the Program Manager
- Maintaining awareness of ongoing and new business opportunities and assessing the impact of those changes to the production plan, including identifying activities and resources required to meet contractual obligations
- Supporting technical correctness and consistency of products in order to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Presenting project or team status to other Boeing teams, functions, management, and organizations, as well as customers, suppliers and other stakeholders to keep them informed of progress, help needed, and changes to plan
- Tracking progress to cost, schedule, and technical performance by using established best practice metrics, such as earned value and technical performance measures (TPM)
- Providing support for all manufacturing risk items. Risk management support responsibilities include identification and mitigation of manufacturing risks inclusive of developing recovery plans for supplier delivery delays, part shortages, production and fallout.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 3+ years in project or program management.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with procurement and production on Weapons programs
- Experience working with government customers
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-functional teams
- Excellent written and oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, self-directed, attention to detail
- 4 years’ experience leading or managing an engineering project or team
- 2 years’ experience with EVM
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility).
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.