Authorisations and Training Co-ordinator (Mechanical Trade)Salisbury, England
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK Ltd is looking to appoint an Aircraft Programmes Authorisations and Training Co-ordinator as a Quality Assurance Specialist with a Chinook HC47/Apache/Fixed Wing Mechanical training background to take responsibility for the administrative management of the Engineering Authorisation process and deliver training specific to engineering authorisations across all BDUK Aircraft Programme operational sites.
BDUK’s Aircraft Programmes Quality Management System (QMS) is approved by the MAA and LRQA, meeting the requirements of DAOS, MAOS and CFAOS approval schemes.
The Aircraft Programmes Quality system is also certified to ISO9001:2015, AS9100D and AS9110C. The company plans to extend these accreditations to new sites and seek additional ones in support of its diverse business needs.
- The Aircraft Programmes Authorisations and Training Co-ordinator will be responsible for maintaining the current certifications and delivering new ones as the company grows.
- The role will be a member of the Aircraft Programmes Quality Assurance Team, supporting all areas of BDUK Aircraft Programmes, reporting directly to the BDUK Aircraft Programmes Quality Manager to assure problem resolution or to implement corrective/preventive action and documents resolution.
- Obtains corrective action on nonconforming plans and hardware/processes.
- Negotiates concurrence, obtains commitments for taking preventive and corrective action, prioritizes quality activities and ensures problem resolution.
- Reviews and validates the corrective action plans and identifies effectivity to ensure completion.
- Reviews and approves Quality planning changes or disposition of nonconformance hardware products/processes.
- Guides validation of configuration management, quality procedures and material review policies to deliver the software products.
- Develops software system processes to support changing industry standards.
- Reviews and implements corrective action on audit results to ensure media is stored and handled per engineering defined requirements.
- Interprets industry standards and provide recommendations for implementation. Creates analytical reports and coordinates with the responsible parties for internal/external distribution.
- Works under general direction.
- Arrangement and enrolment of prospective Boeing Approved Personnel (BAP) for mandatory briefing and training iaw PM BDUK 179
- Administrative management of the Engineering Authorisation database and process, ensuring that certification, applications are completed in a timely manner
- Compilation of evidence packs in support of Line Managers applications for Engineering Authorisations across all Operational BDUK sites
- Providing specific Chinook HC47/Apache/Fixed Wing Mechanical approved training to Engineering personnel
- Support of the Aircraft Programmes Quality Management System and its related processes
- Maintain and execute an Internal Quality Audit Schedule for the Functions and programmes
- Support the BDUK Aircraft Programmes QA Manager in the preparation for external quality audits and formulation of any resulting action plans.
- Management of Programme Quality requirements as required
- Work with the BDUK Aircraft Programmes QA Manager to drive continuous improvement from a quality perspective. This will include the lead in Process Management activities designed to target specific processes
- Provide training, coaching and mentoring on the Quality Management System and the tools used companywide
- Support company efforts to ensure that deliverables comply with customer, company, quality, industry and regulatory requirements
- Create and maintain training syllabi relating directly to engineering authorisations – adding more training as is required either by authorization type or regulatory requirement
- Act as administrative co-ordinator for the monthly induction week for maintenance technicians
- Deliver On-The-Job Training to maintenance technicians for issue and maintenance of engineering authorisations
- Create training courses within the Boeing Software System to allow easy tracking of training attendance
Level 3 qualification (or above) in Aicraft Engineering in the Mechanical trade
Experience in Aerospace / Defence Training background
SC clearance eligible
Chinook HC47/Apache/Fixed Wing ‘Q’ Qualified
Defence Train the Trainer Qualification or Level 4 Teaching Qualification
Previous Fixed Wing or Rotorcraft knowledge and experience
Auditor Techniques for ISO9001/AS9100
Quality Management techniques and Tools
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply asap for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
JACFI3 (J18) - Quality Production Spclst 3 (Quality Production Spclst
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More