Chinook Quality Mechanical Inspector (Quality Production Specialist)Salisbury, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defence UK Ltd is looking to appoint a Quality Assurance Mechanical Inspector with a significant Chinook HC47/ maintenance background to support the Modification and Upgrade Programme. This is a full-time position based at Boscombe Down, Salisbury. The role involves conducting quality inspections and buy offs during aircraft modification activity, supporting the effectiveness of the BDUK Quality Management System across operational sites. BDUK’s Quality Management System (QMS) is approved by the MAA meeting the requirements of DAOS, MAOS and CFAOS approval schemes. The BDUK Quality system is also certified to ISO9001:2015, AS9100:D and AS9110:C. The company plans to extend these accreditations to new sites and seek additional ones in support of its diverse business needs. The Chinook Quality Inspector will be responsible for supporting the maintenance of compliance to Regulatory requirements and industry standards and will be a member of the BDUK Quality Assurance Team, supporting all areas of BDUK, reporting directly to the BDUK Rotorcraft Quality Manager.
- Conduct mechanical quality inspections on Chinook aircraft
- Management of Non Conformances within the BDUK Logistics Information System, ensuring that corrective actions are raised to rectify issues identified during inspection activity.
- Reviewing and approving Engineering production plans.
- Ensuring that they work closely with the Manufacturing Engineering Team.
- Acting as a Chinook QA mechanical SME to technicians within the production environment.
- Support of the BDUK Quality Management System and its related processes
- Support the BDUK Rotorcraft Support QA Manager in the preparation for external quality audits and formulation of any resulting action plans.
- Management of Programme Quality requirements as required
- Work with the BDUK Rotorcraft Support QA Manager to drive continuous improvement from a quality perspective. This will include the lead in Process Management activities designed to target specific processes
- Support company efforts to ensure that deliverables comply with customer, company, quality, industry and regulatory requirements.
- Carry out internal audits to the MRP and AS9100/9110
- Carry out Flight Authorisation Certificate activities
- Conduct quality and safety investigations as directed by the Quality or Safety Manager
- Conduct RCCA within the appropriate Boeing tool set
- Chinook Maintenance Experience
- Have held supervisor or 2nd signature on Chinook aircraft
- Qualification in aerospace or aircraft mechanical trade
- MRP Regulatory Knowledge
- Qualified Internal Auditor
Work Authorisation: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Candidates must have current legal authorisation to work immediately in the United Kingdom. Boeing will not attempt to obtain Immigration and labour sponsorship for any applicants. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
Security Clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a UK security clearance for which the Government requires UK Citizenship.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.