Maintenance Safety OfficialSalisbury, England
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Reporting to the Maintenance Safety Manager and working closely with the Chinook Maintenance Operations Manager and programme manager to lead SMS implementation with the Chinook Part 145 Organisation. Lead SMS activities within the BDUK Chinook Part 145 Organisation in support of the Maintenance Approved Organisation Scheme (MAOS) Approval and BDUK Safety Management System (SMS).
The role has the following key responsibilities (not exclusive):
- Lead the implementation of the BDUK SMS within the Chinook Part 145 Organisation including compliance with all applicable Boeing, BDUK and MAA safety regulations, policy, procedures and requirements.
- Occurrence Management of relevant safety reports in support of the BDUK Occurrence Manager
- Facilitation of Hazard Working Groups to create and mature Chinook Part 145 BowTies
- Coordinate safety risk management, including risk sentencing, population and maintenance of the Chinook Part 145 Safety Risk Register and assessment of the top safety risks.
- Act as the lead safety investigator in response to the triaging of safety reports as required by the BDUK Safety Risk and Assurance Lead.
- Support to Event Review Groups including feedback and promotion of the event and tracking of timely completion of recommendations.
- Facilitate and deliver safety performance / trending metrics as part of the functional SAG
- Support and attend the Platform SRB as the functional SME
- Perform Safety Promotion and feedback in collaboration with the Promotion and Training Lead to continuously improve the BDUK Positive Safety Culture (including feedback to reporters)
- Support the delivery of SMS and Human Factors training for all Chinook Part 145 staff.
- Creation and maintenance of the Safety Management Plan for Chinook Part 145 Organisation in support of the MAOS Exposition including the maintenance of relevant safety records.
- Establish and maintain Chinook Part 145 SMS interfaces with internal stakeholders and functions, customers and key suppliers in conjunction with the BDUK Risk and Assurance Lead
- Support the Chinook Part 145 1st, 2nd and 3rd Party safety and quality audits.
- Assess the safety impact of all Chinook Part 145 changes in support of change management processes.
- Continuous improvement of the SMS within the Chinook Part 145 Organisation.
- Support to Emergency Response Plan generation and periodic testing as appropriate.
Travel within the UK is expected and some overseas travel may be required.
- Extensive Aircraft maintenance/operational experience
- Formal Safety Management Systems training and experience
- Previous industry experience in the application of aviation safety policy and requirements
- Experience with the use of common safety tools such as safety reporting tools, Risk Registers and BowTies
- Demonstrate the ability to lead on the planning of work, and develop/use meaningful metrics to evaluate safety status and provide performance visibility
- Able to effectively identify and execute opportunities for continuous improvement to strategies, processes and project plans
- Lead on the removal of obstacles by identifying where and what help is needed and coordinating with the appropriate leaders and team members
- The candidate should possess strong communication skills, technical competency, and skills with project management concepts/tools
- The role will have significant UK MoD customer, supplier and wider Boeing interface and therefore a person who is diplomatic whilst being strong minded is essential
- The willingness to obtain UK SC Clearance
- HNC in Engineering or equivalent
- Completed or working towards a post graduate qualification in Safety Management is highly desirable
- Experience using MoD’s ASIMS for in-service occurrence monitoring and trending
- Safety audit experience and/or training
- Safety investigation training and experience
- Formal Human Factors Facilitator training and experience
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
See additional attached description
Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.