Manufacturing Planner - ChinookSalisbury, England
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services
This post is for an Manufacturing Planner to work within the engineering function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) and will report to the Structures & Build Capability Engineering Manager
The Manufacturing Planner will:
• Develops, implements and maintains various manufacturing plans, Bill of Materials, work instructions and illustrations to define and document as-built configuration.
• Develops manufacturing concepts and strategies to support business objectives. Develops and integrates suppliers, processes, materials, data and technology to meet manufacturing and delivery requirements.
• Reviews and approves supplier data to ensure manufacturing related requirements are met.
• Develops tooling requirements based on manufacturing and engineering requirements.
• Manages tools from initial design to end of use disposition. Investigates and resolves manufacturing related issues.
• Performs producibility assessments for part or product designs.
• Provides producibility input to design, manufacturing processes and manufacturing technologies to meet cost and schedules.
• Develops integrated work statements and sequencing of events to support delivery commitments.
• Drafts, updates and reviews processes and procedures to support business and regulatory agency requirements.
Essential qualifications and experience:
• Engineering degree or relevant experience.
• Knowledge of Military Airworthiness Authority (MAA) Regulatory Articles (RAs).
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More