Mechanical Product Review Engineer (Chinook platforms)Salisbury, England
BDUK is a subsidiary of the Boeing Company and currently employs over 1,200 people in the UK. BDUK is responsible for delivering several exciting contracts to our UK Defence customers including E-7 AEW&C, P-8A Maritime Patrol Aircraft, C4ISTAR Services, Through Life Support for the Chinook & Apache Fleets, Logistic Information Services and Training Services
This post is for an Electrical and/or Avionics Product Review Engineer to work within the engineering function in Boeing Defence UK (BDUK) and will report to the Structures & Build Capability Engineering Manager
The Product Review Engineer will:
• Apply Boeing design engineering principles to research technical, operational and quality issues that arise and design interim and final engineering solutions.
• Applies knowledge of Boeing design and/or engineering principles to develop interim or final engineering solutions to product/process issues throughout production and/or for technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by the customer.
• Analyze, conduct failure analysis, root cause analysis and troubleshoot to understand root cause. Provide assistance and engineering support to identify solutions. Provide written dispositions for design non-conformances. Support activities to identify deviations that could impact design intent and safety and product/process improvements.
• Develop customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Develop and implement product/process improvements.
• Participate in Material Review Boards and supports Integrated Product Teams (IPTs) as well as providing technical input to design and in-service reviews.
• Represent the engineering community in the post production environment.
• Ensure supplier and build partner comply with Boeing standards & processes. Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment.
• Participate in on-site disabled product repair teams and accident investigation or support team.
• Analyze damage repair or electrical modifications to determine the appropriate solution to prevent collateral damage and assure a safe work environment.
• Recommend non-destructive test procedures, tools and standards.
• Provide technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Develops solutions that are imaginative, thorough, practicable, and consistent with organization objectives, processes and standards.
• Work independently and determine and develop approaches to solutions. Receive general direction for work that is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
The successful candidate will be trained to hold a Material Review Board (MRB) authorisation certification for the applicable platform.
Qualifications and experience:
The successful candidate shall be able to demonstrate the following qualifications and experience;
• Degree in relevant aerospace-related subject.
• Chartership registered with an appropriate engineering council or working towards registration preferred
• Knowledge of Military Airworthiness Authority (MAA) Regulatory Articles (RAs), specifically;
• RA 1000 Series – General
• RA 4000 Series – Continuing Airworthiness Engineering (CAE)
• RA 5000 Series – Type Airworthiness Engineering (TAE)
• Knowledge of aircraft certified to the following standards;
o FAA CFR Part 25 – Airworthiness Standards, Transport Category Airplanes
o EASA CS-25 – Large Aeroplanes
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More