Product Review Engineer (Electrical Design Engineer)Salisbury, England
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Reporting to the BDUK Chief Design Engineer, provides Product Review (Electrical Design) capability as defined below;
• Applies knowledge of Boeing design principles to assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle.
• Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis and develops dispositions for design non-conformances.
• Applies engineering principles to research technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer and designs interim and final engineering solutions.
• Identifies documents, analyzes reported problems and communicates deviations that could impact design intent and safety; recommends and manages resolution.
• Develops and implements product/process improvements. Supports Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and participates in design reviews.
• Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment.
• Ensures supplier and build partner compliance with Boeing standards.
• Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Participates in on-site product repair teams and accident investigation or support team.
The attributes of a Product Review Engineer (Electrical Design) are summarized as follows;
• Analytical Skills (Technical): Skill and ability to: collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources.
• Analyze and Interpret Engineering Data: Ability to analyze problems (troubleshooting, fault isolation, repair, modification, or redesign) of assigned end items to support the design, development and modification of company products using knowledge of engineering disciplines.
• Design Concepts and Techniques: Advanced knowledge of design concepts and techniques (e.g., concurrent engineering, Design for Manufacture/Assembly [DFM/A]).
• Electronic/Electrical Domain: Knowledge of electronic/electrical systems or subsystems and components including the requirements, operating principles, design variables, performance, and key interfaces.
• Engineering Processes: Knowledge of responsibilities and tasks performed by various Engineering departments/disciplines (e.g., design, test, software, technology, avionics). Knowledge of the interaction between departments/disciplines and how their products/processes affect one another and impact non-engineering processes (e.g., Operations, Logistics, Business).
• Engineering Knowledge/Comprehension: Knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, and systems. The ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate technical information and issues impacting design, production, and support of products, services, or other deliverables.
• Production Support and Engineering Relationships: Knowledge of the responsibilities and interaction between departments/disciplines and how their products, processes and services affect one another (e.g., engineering, quality, operations, logistics, business, etc.).
• Product Maintenance: Knowledge of product maintenance processes, policies, culture, and standard practices (e.g., return to service, normal duties/responsibilities, time constraints, available resources) in order to effectively represent the operator within the Company.
• Research Methods: Knowledge of research tools (e.g., search engines, library databases), methods (e.g., search parameters), and appropriate resources (e.g., external experts) to gather needed data.
Essential qualifications and experience:
• Engineering degree in relevant subject.
• Experience of using electrical wiring/harness design tools.
• Strong communication skills.
• Ability to plan work, and use meaningful metrics to evaluate project status and provide performance visibility.
• Able to effectively execute and seek opportunities to improve project plans.
• Assist with removal of obstacles by identifying where help is needed and coordinating with the appropriate leaders and team members.
Desirable qualifications and experience:
• Knowledge of Military Airworthiness Authority (MAA) Regulatory Articles (RAs).
• Professional registration at Incorporated (IEng) or Chartered Engineer (CEng) level.
• Knowledge of the CH-47 Chinook helicopter.
UK MOD Security Clearance (or willingness to obtain) is essential, higher levels of Security Clearance may be desirable.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Relocation is not available for this role.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More