Equipment Maintenance Specialist CSalt Lake City, Utah
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Salt Lake (BSL) is seeking an experienced Equipment Maintenance Specialist to join the BSL Equipment Service team in Salt Lake City, Utah.
Boeing Salt Lake provides a unique culture that encourages continuous improvement. At over 700 team members, the BSL organization spans multiple product lines. The culture provides an opportunity for close collaboration with different functions as well as exposure to multiple product line activities.
As a workplace, we are committed to living our guiding principles.
Salt Lake City is a growing metropolitan that has been highly ranked in Best Places to work for multiple reasons, not the least of which is work-life balance. It offers access to services and amenities rivaling any major city. Moreover, it offers proximity to tremendous recreational outlet in the near-by national parks, ski-resorts, and unique outdoors.
- Performs maintenance on factory equipment.
- Troubleshoots, analyzes, inspects, disassembles, rebuilds, modifies and tests factory machinery and equipment as necessary using knowledge in areas such as mechanics, hydraulics, pneumatics, and programmable logic controls (PLC).
- Assists with interpreting blueprints and schematics to maintain and repair equipment.
- Responds to requests for equipment repair.
- Identifies and requests component and replacement part inventories.
- Performs preventative maintenance to ensure equipment reliability and efficiency by following regularly scheduled, routine, manufacturer recommended maintenance schedules and Company policy.
- Uses and interprets advanced blueprints and schematics to maintain and repair equipment.
- Maintains and manages component and replacement part inventories. Works under limited supervision.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience with performing predictive and/or preventative maintenance.
- Requires working a 1st shift work schedule that could include a weekend and occasional overtime.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience with trouble shooting PLC's.
- 3+ years experience maintaining and performing reliability studies on large integrated system process system such as multi-axis machine tools, systems, and presses related manufacturing equipment.
- 3+ years of experience with the setup, equipment maintenance, trouble shooting and repair of machine tools.
- Systems experience with hydraulics, pneumatics, drive systems, control systems, vision systems, and industrial computers.
- Ability to travel to support three buildings located within a 25 mile radius.
Education/experience typically acquired through basic education (e.g. High School diploma/GED) and typically 4 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. vocational school/Associate+2 years' related work, Bachelor, etc.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - C
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More