Aircraft Mechanic - Electrical (Experienced)San Antonio, Texas
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
• Perform connector terminations including shielded wires, coaxial cables, and fiber optic wiring.
• Ability and understanding of routing instructions and handling of harnesses.
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, wrapping, bonding, tying, and closure of wire harnesses and cables in accordance with standard processes.
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform electrical modification/repair.
• Experienced in the use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of electrical wiring.
• Adhering to government and company procedural guidance, performs assembly, installation, visual inspection of physical characteristics, modification of wire bundles & electrical assemblies, operational and quality checks of aircraft work.
• Troubleshoots malfunctions in aircraft electrical and comm/nav-systems of moderate difficulty at the organizational or depot maintenance level.
• Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, wire diagrams, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work.
• Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
• Perform all tasks involved in the coordination, preparation, and movement of material and tools.
• Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• Will be required to work with the guidance of more senior skilled employees and assist less senior employees.
• Perform all duties of lower Electrical classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments.
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Position requires 7+ years of experience in those duties as previously described for satisfactory performance.
• Knowledgeable in shop mathematics and practices, electrical/electronic theories and avionics systems sufficient to perform assigned duties.
• Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures.
• Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software.
• This position will require the ability to obtain a security clearance with a favorable Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) or T5 Investigation and customer approval as a condition of employment.
• Please clearly indicate on resume highest level of US Security Clearance obtained along with the date received.
• Please clearly indicate on your resume your aircraft platform experience and years of experience with aircraft electrical systems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power plant AND minimum of five (7) years’ experience is preferred.
• Current US security clearance at the secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal.
High school diploma or GED and typically 7+ or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities