Aircraft Mechanic III - StructuresSan Antonio, Texas
This is a unique opportunity to work in multiple factory locations on multiple Boeing Development Programs. Candidates hired to this position may be required to initially support an alternate site (domestic or internationally) while going through the security clearance process before ultimately relocating to San Antonio, Texas as a condition of employment.
• Performs close tolerance drilling, reaming, removal, and installation to critical support structures and fracture critical areas.
• Locates blind holes necessary for installation of new structural items to existing structure.
• Performs efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure in accordance with standard repair processes.
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
• Uses tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
• Applies professional technical expertise and guidance to solve complex problems by interpreting technical data such as blueprints or manufactures' manuals.
• Uses knowledge of aircraft mechanical component troubleshooting/repair procedures and replacement of components, a thorough knowledge of aircraft sheet metal/structural modification and repair and the ability to determine functionality of non-complex electrical systems.
• Uses aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• Provides guidance and technical expertise to lower level technicians throughout all aircraft modifications and/or maintenance efforts.
• Operates a forklift, mobile crane, and riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment.
• Maintains necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• Ascends and descends vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Works various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Minimum 7 years of experience in structures maintenance
• Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures
• Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software
• Capable of working variable shifts
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Current US security clearance at the Secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal
• Experience with VIP, business jets, or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten years
• FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power Plant
• Clearly state specific aircraft platform experience on your resume
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED) and typically (7) or more years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
2105SU - Aircraft Mechanic III - Struc
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More