Avionics Technician IISan Antonio, Texas
This is a unique opportunity to work in multiple factory locations on multiple Boeing Development Programs. Candidates hired to this position may be required to initially support an alternate site (domestic or internationally) while going through the security clearance process before ultimately relocating to San Antonio, Texas as a condition of employment.
• Apply basic and some advanced technical knowledge to solve routine problems by interpreting manufacturers’ manuals or similar documents
• Familiarity with the interrelationships of circuits and judgment in planning work sequence, in selecting tools, testing instruments, and is reviewed for compliance with accepted practices
• Assist in the performance of aircraft bench and/or flight line operational testing and troubleshooting in accordance with DOD, manufacturer, company, supplier and other directives
• Interpret standard work instructions, charts, tables, blueprints, wire diagrams, formulas, sketches, verbal and electronic orders, job layouts, etc. to accomplish assigned work
• Ensure that all equipment is used in accordance with established safety and operating procedures.
• Diagnose and correct malfunctions occurring in assembly processes
• Use any and all precision measuring instruments, gauges, tools, etc., necessary to check dimensions and conformance to quality requirements
• Operate riding type electric powered elevating equipment to accomplish work assignment
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work
• Perform all duties of lower Avionics classifications as required to successfully accomplish assignments
• Ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Current US security clearance at the Secret level or higher; Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) is ideal
• Experience with VIP, business jets, or specialty aircraft interiors installations within the last ten years
• FAA certification in Airframe and/or Power plant
• Clearly state specific aircraft platform experience on your resume
TYPICAL EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: High School Diploma or GED and typically 4 or more years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
• Minimum 4 years of experience in avionics maintenance
• Experience in working with schematics, specifications, assembly drawings and standard operating procedures
• Proficient in computer skills including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic office software
• Capable of working variable shifts
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
2105SF - Electronics Technician II
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More