Boeing Global Services is a rapidly growing segment of the Boeing Company, and C-17 Global Integrated Sustainment Partnership (GISP) is a key program within it. The GISP Program provides sustaining engineering in multiple engineering disciplines. This Design and Analysis Engineer position will provide avionics support for the C-17 weapon system including electronic systems, navigation, flight controls, datalink systems and other core avionics functions.
This Design and Analysis Engineer will primarily provide direct support of the C-17 Weapon System, but will likely grow into support of additional Boeing aircraft. Specifically, in this role the candidate will perform activities related to the integration of hardware, supporting retrofit of fielded aircraft, troubleshooting failing systems, investigations into data related to field issues, and general support leading to a healthy C-17 fleet comprised of USAF and foreign owned C-17 aircraft.
A successful candidate in this position will have experience with electrical hardware, basics of navigation, flight controls and general avionics troubleshooting experience. The Design and Analysis Engineer would also be an excellent communicator, exhibiting an ease with interfacing and working directly with customers and C-17 pilots. Experience with Flight Management Systems (FMS), flight test, and computer architecture are all pluses.
- Develops and documents moderately complex electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Designs hardware, software and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Assists in monitoring supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Solves problems concerning fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Researches specific technology advances for potential application to company business needs.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.