Experienced Avionics Design and Analysis EngineerSan Antonio, Texas
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Come join Boeing Commercial Derivative Airplanes in San Antonio and the unique opportunity to work on the next generation Presidential Aircraft (VC-25B). At Boeing, our engineers use their expertise to create innovative next generation capabilities for a wide variety of amazing aerospace platforms and products. In joining this program, you will be part of an outstanding team of technical designers & engineers making history as we shape this one of a kind next generation Aircraft. San Antonio, TX will be this position's home. This program will provide a unique opportunity to work in two Boeing locations. This position requires a Domestic Temporary Assignment (DTA) in Tukwila, WA from start date through early to mid-2020.
Boeing Defense Space & Security VC-25B (747-8) Avionics IPT has openings for an Electronics Design Avionics Engineer to integrate, document and certify Mission communication, Flight Deck Avionics (Communication, Navigation and Surveillance) and Cabin Management equipment on the VC-25B Aircraft. This position works under Engineering lead direction, strong attention to first time quality, commitment to maintain progress to plan and enjoys working in a fun but disciplined environment.
- Support of planning and scheduling efforts.
- Support Aircraft modification and certification of Avionics equipment.
- Coordinate with suppliers as necessary.
- Support Avionics team aircraft integration and checkout activities.
- Support Avionics Ground and Flight test activities.
- Support Avionics verification activities and troubleshooting efforts to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Support Avionics certification activities.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- 3 or more years experience in avionics design criteria and processes.
- Experience in avionics/electronics certifications to FAA or other military specification
- Bachelor's in Engineering , Computer Science, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Active security clearance is preferred
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More