Experienced Wire Installation Design EngineerSan Antonio, Texas
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Come join Boeing Commercial Derivative Airplanes in San Antonio and the unique opportunity to work on the next generation Presidential Aircraft (VC-25B). At Boeing, our engineers use their expertise to create innovative next generation capabilities for a wide variety of amazing aerospace platforms and products. In joining this program, you will be part of an outstanding team of technical designers & engineers making history as we shape this one of a kind next generation Aircraft. San Antonio, TX will be this position's home. This program will provide a unique opportunity to work in two Boeing locations. This position requires a Domestic Temporary Assignment (DTA) in Tukwila, WA from start date through early to mid-2020.
Boeing Defense Space & Security VC-25B (747-8) Payloads and Systems. This role is responsible for routing wire harnesses and integrating their design with multiple other teams.
- Develops and maintains cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs.
- Analyzes results and performs design reviews.
- Develops and maintains electrical product detail, assembly and installation designs (e.g., equipment racks, power panels, cable routing and geometry, antennas).
- Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests).
- Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
- Develops basic statements of work.
- Participates in technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
- Analyzes functional and physical input to assure development of complete integrated design.
- Works under general direction.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry required.
- 3 or more years of designing or supporting electrical wire harness Installations
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated a strong work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments.
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events.
- Active security clearance is preferred
- Boeing Defense Experience preferred but not required
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Opening Program statement (Goes in Job Description Summary Field):
Come join Boeing Commercial Derivative Airplanes in San Antonio and the unique opportunity to work on the next generation Presidential Aircraft (VC-25B). At Boeing, our engineers use their expertise to create innovative next generation capabilities for a wide variety of amazing aerospace platforms and products. In joining this program, you will be part of an outstanding team of technical designers & engineers making history as we shape this one of a kind next generation Aircraft.
Job specific info that starts with:
Boeing Defense Space & Security VC-25B (747-8) Insert IPT name here… This role is responsible for…
Example: San Antonio, TX will be this position's home base. This program will provide a unique opportunity to work in two Boeing locations. This position requires a Domestic Temporary Assignment (DTA) for training in Tukwila, WA from start date through mid to late 2019 (approx. 9 months).
Security Clearance required:
Ability to Obtain a clearance: This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Active Clearance: This position requires an active <clearance level> U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Preference for BDS
Boeing Defense Experience preferred but not required
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More