Senior Electronic & Electrical Design EngineerSan Antonio, Texas
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you'll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Come join Boeing Commercial Derivative Airplanes in San Antonio and the unique opportunity to work on the next generation Presidential Aircraft (VC-25B). At Boeing, our engineers use their expertise to create innovative next generation capabilities for a wide variety of amazing aerospace platforms and products. In joining this program, you will be part of an outstanding team of technical designers & engineers making history as we shape this one of a kind next generation Aircraft.
The Boeing Company is seeking a Senior Electronic & Electrical Design Engineer to join the team and have the ability to apply knowledge of design and / or engineering principles to develop interim or final engineering solutions in support of the VC-25B Program. This program will provide a unique opportunity to work in two Boeing locations. The initial assignment for this position will require a Domestic Temporary Assignment (DTA) for training in Tukwila, WA. The second and final permanent assignment (the position's home base) will be located in San Antonio, TX. If selected, candidates will be required to relocate to San Antonio, TX.
Duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Primary areas of responsibility include lighting, passenger audio / visual systems, communication systems, electrical power and other electronic cabin systems
- Work with customers to support Interiors and Mission Systems Electrical / Electronics Engineering definition for Interior Modification on VC-25B
- Determines requirements and integrates the development of interior electrical / electronic components and systems
- Interfaces with wiring design and installation engineers
- Identifies methods of compliance to satisfy program and certification requirements
- Integrate with suppliers, customers and engineering teams to lead Interiors Electronic / Electrical systems statement of work, including schedules and budget
- Support the development and improvement of engineering tools and process to support cost saving initiatives
- Provide engineering solutions for Modification related Customer Support Service Requests
- Present engineering technical information, modification engineering, and project status to leadership and customers
- Develop validation, test plans, certification plans, and performs design verification by supporting testing and analysis to ensure compliance with all applicable requirements, including certification
- Manages supplier development, test and production activities and coordinates with the supplier
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
This position is contingent upon clearance verification and program / customer concurrence.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills / Experience):
- Ability to obtain a Top Secret / SCI U.S. Security Clearance (Post-Start)
- Bachelor's of Science degree or higher
- 5+ years' experience with avionics design & integration
- Experience in Product Data Management (PDM)
- Active / Current Top Secret / SCI U.S. Security Clearance within the last 5 years is a PLUS
- BDS experience preferred but not required
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Must possess organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills
- Ability to adjust priorities to multiple demands and unanticipated events
- Demonstrated work ethic and sense of urgency for completing assigned work with a history of meeting commitments
Typical Education / Experience:
Typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 4
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More