Sr. Electrical MP&P EngineerSan Antonio, Texas
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us!
Materials, Process and Physics (MP&P) Engineers are needed to support the goals and objectives of the various Boeing global organizations, defense and space programs and projects being conducted by Boeing Research & Technology (BR&T) in San Antonio, TX. BR&T is currently supporting Boeing modification activities and the integration of manufacturing technologies at this site. We are looking for engineers who can lead and work collaboratively in the area of electrical parts, materials, and processes and act as the company representative at supplier and sub-tier supplier premises. Must be flexible to work on different aspects of electrical and mechanical technology and their applications related to aerospace manufacturing, proven ability to work in multidiscipline and multicultural teaming environments, excellent written and oral communication skills in English language.
- Create new/revise existing part and assembly specifications to support program needs and company initiatives.
- Ensure materials, processes and equipment readiness for qualification.
- Qualify suppliers to applicable requirements and specifications to meet production schedules.
- Conduct root-cause and corrective action activities to ensure manufactured parts and processes meet engineering and regulatory requirements.
- Provide technical support for Wire Harness Assemblies at Boeing suppliers, San Antonio wiring back shop, and San Antonio mod site.
- Interface with stakeholders in Boeing procurement, engineering, quality, and internal/external suppliers to ensure M&P support is integrated with program schedule, quality, and rate requirements.
This position requires the ability to obtain US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor degree or higher from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Minimum of 10 years proven experience in relevant application areas and demonstrate the following abilities; strong project management skills, electrical or mechanical engineering background, prior experience with commercial, military and derivative aerospace materials, parts, and processes with manufacturer or sub-tier suppliers.
- Experience in one or more of the following aerospace areas: cable manufacturing, electrical testing, fabrication and installation assembly lines, production control, personnel and hardware certification/training and quality assurance
- Experience of Parts, Materials and Processes related to Electrical, Electronic, Electro-mechanical, Electro-optical commodities
- Experience of analytical processes including failure analysis and techniques, component construction, integration and performance evaluation
- Experience of Parts, Materials and Process management and control, including part qualification and certification, quality and configuration control, producibility, component application limitations, packaging and handling, radiation effects, reliability, failure modes, instrumentation, installation, assembly and repair methods, obsolescence, engineering drawings and fabrication, screening and de-rating
- Experience of hands-on assembly and test analysis techniques capable of demonstrating to company and intercompany personnel said techniques and evaluating personnel skill to meet training, production readiness and certification requirements
Domestic and international travel up to 25% will be required to fulfill this work statement at Boeing suppliers.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Engineering Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or similar
- Experience in Boeing design, qualification, certification and assembly processes, and especially to engineers with intimate knowledge of electrical-mechanical devices, electrical connector/wiring, cable installation, Boeing Material Specifications (BMS), and Boeing Airplane Company (BAC) process specifications
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Position is located in San Antonio, Texas. Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Please apply as soon as possible for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More