VC - 25B - General Aircraft Mechanic - AssociateSan Antonio, Texas
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
This is a unique opportunity to work on a Boeing Development Program, modifying a 747-8 in San Antonio, TX. In joining this program, you will be part of an outstanding team making history as we shape this one of a kind next generation aircraft. In support of the program, we are currently seeking entry-level Structures Mechanics (Level 1) to join the team. If selected, candidate will be required to relocate to San Antonio, TX as a condition of employment.
Duties will include, but not limited to:
• Perform efforts associated with sealing, painting, shimming, and preserving structure and systems in accordance with standard repair processes
• Demonstrates the capability to read and interpret engineering drawings, technical orders, process specification, and retrofit requirements to perform structural modification/repair.
• Use of tooling assemblies and fixtures for depot level modification and repair of structural parts.
• A detailed knowledge of aircraft unique tools such as test equipment, torque wrenches, dial indicators, micrometers, cable tensiometers, sheet metal brakes and sheers, etc. is required.
• The mechanic will be required to access aircraft data via computer systems and initiate on-line parts and discrepancy requests.
• Maintain necessary certifications, licenses and permits as required for assigned work.
• The candidate must be able to ascend and descend vertical work ladders, work in confined spaces, and lift loads of approximately 35 pounds.
• Must be able to work various shifts and/or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays. Mission requirements and/or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime.
This position requires an active (or ability to obtain) US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship as a condition of employment. An interim and/or final U.S. Top Secret Clearance Post-Start is required.
This position requires the ability to obtain program access for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship only.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- 5+ years experience working as an aircraft mechanic
- Willing and able to work any shift (Must be able & willing to work various shifts and / or an alternate baseline schedule that may frequently change to support mission requirements and may include weekends and holidays; Mission requirements and / or workload may require both scheduled and unscheduled overtime)
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS (DESIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE):
- Currently possess an FAA A&P License or Military Technical School equivalent
- Computer skills experience including but not limited to: aircraft related systems and basic Microsoft Suite software (i.e. Word, Excel)
- Experience reading and understanding engineering drawings, blueprints, schematics, and specifications
High school diploma or GED and typically 5+ years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position does offer relocation. Relocation assistance is an employee benefit.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At Boeing, diversity, equity, and inclusion are enduring company values. We strive to live these values every day not only because it’s the right thing to do, but because our success depends on it. The company’s commitment to diversity and inclusion means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and equitable, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Non-SJC, Production & Maintenance
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities