Associate Mission Systems EngineerSeal Beach, California
The Boeing Experimental Systems Group (ESG) in Seal Beach Ca. is seeking an associate mission systems engineer to support development of new first-of-kind space vehicles and missions. ESG supports a variety of government customers spanning technology domains, and is an extremely fast-paced, responsive development environment delivering new capabilities to customers rapidly and affordably. The ESG portfolio consists of a range of platforms and technologies including the X-37B, the world’s first fully autonomous reusable spaceplane, which just completed its record-setting fifth flight in October.
As a member of our SEIT Mission Design team, you will join a diverse team of system architects, ConOps developers, mission modeling and simulation specialists, fault and autonomy designers, and operating procedure authors. You will be expected to work in one or more of these disciplines, leading coordination across all internal and external stakeholders to drive your assigned programs’ development from early capabilities studies through demonstration. You will serve as a core point of contact for customers and will work directly with subject matter experts across the business to quickly iterate and converge on achievable solutions that meet our customers’ needs. Our development timelines are aggressive and you will be asked to develop solutions to previously unsolved problems.
In this role, you will work in multidisciplinary teams to bring concept of operations to fruition in support of our customers’ mission objectives. You will work both as an individual contributor and as a team lead. You will need to be able to dive into broad, minimally-defined design spaces and effectively lead integrated efforts.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates based on candidate eligibility.
- Support technology integration for and development of first-of-kind space vehicles and missions
- Develop and present review packages to internal and external senior leadership
- Work proactively and independently in a fast-paced, demanding atmosphere
- [ConOps] Develop system ConOps from early capabilities studies through demonstration
- [Fault] Develop fault/autonomy design from early capabilities studies through demonstration
- [Analysis] Develop mission models/simulations to assess/verify system performance
- [ROPs] Develop and maintain spacecraft recommended operating procedures
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the U.S. Government within the last 5 years
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry
- Master’s degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and external customers
- Experience in spacecraft, launch vehicles, or highly autonomous unmanned systems
TYPICAL EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's and 2 or more years' experience, Master's degree or PhD degree. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More