Comm & Networks System Engineer
Seal Beach, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Comm & Networks System Engineer
As a Comm & Networks Systems Engineer (Level 3) for this dynamic Boeing program, you will join a highly collaborative, close-knit multi-disciplinary team. Frequent travel is required. You will:
- Generate detailed system requirement specifications for RF/T&C systems including all electrical interfaces, mechanical interfaces, and user software/GUI interfaces to support the required system CONOP
- Derive detailed requirements as needed based on an understanding of flight hardware/software, and the intended use of the system
- Generate Statements of Work to subcontractors for the design, fabrication, integration, and acceptance testing of procured RF/T&C subsystems
- Support the sell-off of subsystem requirements at the supplier prior to delivery to Boeing
- Support sell-off system requirements to the customer
- Perform system integration of subcontracted subsystems
- Perform hands-on testing and integration of hardware/software in the field
- Grow your career and explore stretch opportunities with expert personnel
- Leverage your creative problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as
outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic (Required) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technical field is required
- RF/digital system design
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- RF modulation/demodulation techniques (BPSK, QPSK, 8PSK, !6APSK, DVB-S2, etc.)
- PCM encoding/decoding techniques
- Up converters, down converters, bit synchronizers, frame synchronizers, encryption, decryption, IP networking
- AC and DC power requirements for systems
- Tracking systems and global positioning
- Telemetry and command Ground systems
- Understanding of mechanical requirements relating to electrical systems, including environmental considerations (moisture, salt fog, temperature), resonant frequencies, lifting and movement, finishes, and tools required during the assembly process
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.