Cybersecurity System Engineer ESG
Seal Beach, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Cybersecurity System Engineer ESG
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Cyber Security Systems Engineer responsible for applying an interdisciplinary, collaborative approach to plan, design, develop, validate and verify life-cycle balanced information system security solutions.
- Evaluates customer/operational needs to define and coordinate system security requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional and program interfaces.
- Performs various analyses to optimize total system of systems and/or system architecture.
- Identifies assets and assesses risks, threats, and vulnerabilities of the product assets in accordance with accepted industry, professional, and government standards to ensure security design integrity, availability, confidentiality, non-repudiation and contract compliance.
- Knowledgeable in secure manufacturing and anti-tamper design.
- Evaluates remediation recommendations and develops a cost to mitigate estimate.
- Employs system security processes, methods, and tools and assures their consistent application.
- Resolves cross-functional technical issues.
- Implements appropriate Accreditation and Authorization activities per JSIG, DoD and ICD 503 RMF, NISPOM, or DoD Overprint to the NISPOM as required by customers.
- Coordinates with system administrators, network and software engineers, test and validation engineers and program management on security related activities and requirements.
- Travel (50%) will be required for meetings with customers, internal meetings, etc.
- Works under minimal direction.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires an active Top Secret U.S. Security Clearance. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum technical Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 5 years Cyber Security experience
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- CISSP certification
- Security + certification
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.