Datacenter Operations SpecialistSeal Beach, California
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Company is seeking a highly productive, self-motivated Associate Datacenter Operations Specialist for the Advanced Information Technology (AIT) Program located in Seal Beach, CA.
In this role, you will join an amazing team handling cybersecurity and Risk Management Framework (RMF) efforts for secure, outstanding IT and information storage service supporting proprietary customers. You will handle monitoring systems, coordinate maintenance activities, manage material and service deliveries, and ensure continuity of operations for a High Performance Computing (HPC) environment.
We work with multiple engineering and support teams on both ongoing operational efforts and innovative future projects for a highly valued, dynamic program. As a member of our diverse and highly-adaptive Operations Team, you will work closely with Information Systems Security Engineers, System Administrators, Communications Engineers, Cybersecurity professionals (e.g., ISSM, ISSO), and Industrial Security Engineers who are passionate about providing top-quality secure computing and storage services to a variety of developers and data scientists across the United States of America.
To be successful supporting these large systems, you should demonstrate experience in Information Systems Security Engineering and Cybersecurity requirements and processes, an outstanding background of project involvement, and the clear exhibition of outstanding judgment and decision making to engineer new solutions and support existing Risk Management Framework (RMF) capabilities.
- STAFF OPERATIONS: Follow established processes to open, secure, and close the HPC datacenter, perform systems checks, monitor systems, escalate issues, respond to supplier tickets, answer telephones, and authoring daily technical reports. Operating hours are between 6am and 6pm local time.
- TAPE HANDLING: Import and export tapes from robotic silos, fill and inventory media, prepare media to ship, update records for media movement.
- REMOVABLE STORAGE handling: Mount and unmount storage media (e.g. disks and RAID packs) and prepare media for shipping.
- SECURITY PROCESSES: Initiate and shepherd security measures for moving equipment into or out of the datacenter, update security records for media (e.g., disk, tape) inventory, and destruction purposes.
- ESCORTING: Follow security processes to escort support personnel, maintenance personnel, facilities personnel, etc. while they are working within the datacenter.
- Watch over all activities that occur on the Operations floor. Responsibilities include the requirement to maintain service levels and continuous operations of HPC job queues, web services.
We work 100% onsite in Seal Beach, CA.
This position requires an active U.S. Top Secret Security Clearance (U.S. Citizenship Required). (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualification (Required Skills and Experience):
- This position requires a current CompTIA Security+ (Sec+) or other DoD 8570/8140 Approved Baseline Certification IAT Level II OR the ability and willingness to acquire. Successful completion Pre-Start is required.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- A current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or enrollment in a Continuous Evaluation program.
- Knowledge of computer networking and computer security processes.
- Experience with OS Environments: Windows, Linux (RHEL), Unix.
- Additional security certifications such as CISSP, CISA, CIMS, CAP, CEH.
- Experience working with Computer Security, Cybersecurity, and ISSM/ISSO personnel.
- Knowledge and experience with various operating systems, troubleshooting, performing root cause analysis, following operational procedures, and escalating and managing issues (e.g., trouble tickets) with suppliers.
- Demonstrated critical thinking, troubleshooting, and proactive teamwork skills.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work both independently and in collaboration.
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 2 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. Master, 6 year's related work experience, etc.)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Note: Basic relocation will be offered for eligible internal candidates.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award