DevSecOps Engineer - Mid-Level
Seal Beach, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
DevSecOps Engineer - Mid-Level
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
As a DevSecOps Engineer - Mid-Level (Level 3) you will be part of an awesome, collaborative team for Special Programs located in Seal Beach, CA. This information technology (IT) professional will work with software developers, system operators and other production IT staff to administer code releases. The position calls for someone who has the necessary hard and soft skills that are required to overcome the traditional barriers between software development, testing, and operations. The engineer must have experience with managing IT infrastructure supporting software code in dedicated, multi-tenancy or hybrid cloud environments.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
- Work alongside the Engineering and DevOps teams in an Agile environment to support our CI pipelines with security best practices as well as ensuring perimeter security of applications
- Provision resources, choose an appropriate deployment model, coordinate testing to validate releases, and monitor performance/health post-release.
- Manage and maintain software defined infrastructure environment, configuration and build scripts for production environment.
- Maintain operational stability; enforce security measures, testing, development and deployment of new Infrastructure related technologies.
- Work with Engineering to better refine automated provisioning through analysis of application patterns/workflow.
- Track and monitor the usage/consumption of Infrastructure specific services; ensure performance and SLA adherence.
- Coordinate all production systems, information systems, and technology infrastructure necessary to support application/platform prior to deployment.
- Monitor all events that occur and detect and escalate exception conditions during CI and CD process where Infrastructure impacts applications/platform.
- Commitment to continuous learning and improvement of development and quality strategies.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position requires the ability to obtain U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic (Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or technical field is required.
- Experience with the Linux operating system.
Preferred (Desired) Qualifications
- Experience operating highly available software systems
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, or other Docker orchestration offerings
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) using Jenkins or similar CI tooling
- Experience with Agile and Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence, and associated plug-ins)
- Experience with GIT, Ansible, Enterprise Architect, ELK, Xray, Coverity, Artifactory, Splunk, Vmware, etc...
- Scripting in Python, Bash or similar
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Individual Contributor - 3
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.