Entry level Maintenance EngineerSeal Beach, California
The Boeing Company is seeking an Entry level Maintenance Engineer to support the Customer Service Dept. in Seal Beach, California.
The Maintenance Engineer analyzes complex engineering designs and design changes to determine maintenance/repair requirements, procedures and instructions; supports activities that influence product designs and processes to ensure supportability and maintainability; creates systems theory descriptions to ensure common understanding of systems and components; conducts engineering analysis to verify the accuracy of maintenance/repair data.
The Maintenance Engineer also develops and provides technical solutions to customers; evaluates customers' maintenance operations; guides the development of procedures and techniques to allow users to maintain and repair products; authors and guides changes in various airplane maintenance documents. The candidate selected will be assigned to the Aircraft Maintenance Manual (AMM) or Fault Isolation Manual (FIM).
- Non-recurring and sustaining development, validation and delivery of technical Airplane Maintenance data, Fault Isolation and Integrated Planning to maintain the Instructions for Continued Airworthiness and FAA/Foreign Regulatory requirements.
- Analyzes complex engineering designs, supplier and engine manufacturer design data to determine and develop maintenance, repair and tooling supportability requirements and methods for configurated procedures and instructions.
- Influences product designs and processes to ensure safety, supportability and maintainability.
- Develops and uses fault isolation procedures and techniques.
- Creates systems theory descriptions to ensure common understanding of systems and components.
- Conducts engineering analyses to verify the accuracy of maintenance/repair data.
- Performs customer interface to support customer inquiries and develops technical solutions to customers; evaluates customers' maintenance operations.
- Develops new procedures and techniques to allow users to maintain and repair products.
- Participates in organizational activities that influence the Aerospace Industry.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience)
- 4 year engineering degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- Have or have held an Airframe and Power Plant (A&P) License
- GPA 3.0 or higher
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience)
- Experience with military maintenance engineering practices
Typical Education / Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Relocation available based on eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More