Experienced Electrical System Design EngineerSeal Beach, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking an Experienced Electrical System Design Engineer to work in the Seal Beach, CA location. Boeing's Space and Launch Division manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions.
- Works with customers to develop and document electronic and electrical system requirements.
- Analyzes and translates requirements into system architecture, hardware and software designs and interface specifications.
- Tests and validates to ensure system designs meet operational and functional requirements.
- Monitors supplier performance to ensure system integration and compliance with requirements.
- Supports fielded hardware and software over the entire product lifecycle.
- Investigates emerging technologies to develop concepts for future product designs to meet projected requirements.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship, with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Electrical Engineering.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Familiar with analysis tools such as Matlab, SPICE
- Software experience and FPGA HDML programming language
- Experience in Project Management desired.
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More