Experienced Hardware Engineer
Seal Beach, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Experienced Hardware Engineer
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security is Seeking a highly motivated experienced Hardware Engineer to develop, test and maintain electrical ground support equipment at several locations, with primary location in Seal Beach, CA.
- Develop, test and maintain electrical ground support equipment at several locations; Equipment is used to support laboratory, test, and operational environments
- Troubleshoot hardware using standard test equipment such as signal generators, spectrum analyzers, scopes, etc.
- Work and learn under the guidance and direction of your team lead
- Grow your career and explore stretch opportunities with senior personnel and your manager
- Leverage your creative problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Frequent domestic travel up to 50%
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
A final DoD Top Secret or other clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) completed or updated within the past five years is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Frequent domestic travel up to 50% is required.
- Hardware engineering experience.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or any technical field.
- Narrowband and Wideband RF systems
- Directional, omni, and dGPS antennas
- Communication (Comm) Terminals
- Experience working with digital and RF components and circuitry is desired.
- Familiarity with telemetry and command ground hardware is desired
- Knowledge of PC's and networking is desired
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience, 9 years' related work experience, etc.).
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.