Experienced Software Engineer
Seal Beach, California
With Boeing, your software innovations can touch commercial and military aircraft, rockets and spacecraft as well as advanced cyber solutions. This is where you can build the future.
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Software Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ Working on a complex system in a lab environment is challenging and exciting, but the real reward came when I got to test our system with defense customers. I was able to interface directly with the men and women who would be depending on our products and hear their feedback firsthand.”Steve Jacobsen Digital Signal Processing Engineer, Software Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Experienced Software Engineer
As an Experienced Software Engineer for this dynamic Boeing program, you will join a highly collaborative, close-knit multi-disciplinary team.
Primary Responsibilities will include:
- Develop, test and maintain electrical ground support equipment at several locations. Equipment is used to support laboratory, test, and operational environments
- Develop and maintain C software in a UNIX environment, for both ongoing activities and new projects
- Work and learn under the guidance and direction of your team lead
- Grow your career and explore stretch opportunities with senior personnel and your manager
- Leverage your creative problem solving, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Required Qualifications, Experience and Education:
Basic Qualifications Requirements:
- Must be willing to travel up to 35% of the time.
- This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 6 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
- Must possess 3+ years' experience in software development.
- Must possess a Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or other related technical field.
Preferred Qualifications and Experience:
- Experience with telemetry & command ground processing, and data distribution & display is desired
- Familiarity with Tcl/Tk is a plus
- Familiarity with OS/COMET is a plus
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.