Flight Engineering Guidance Navigation and Control ManagerSeal Beach, California
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense Space & Security has an exciting opportunity for a Guidance, Navigation & Control (GN&C) Manager to join our Flight Engineering team located in Seal Beach, CA.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to lead engineering and technical activities in GN&C as well as modeling and simulation, aerodynamics, avionics and other areas associated with Flight Engineering. In the role you will develop and execute your team’s project plans, shape departmental business and technical strategies, goals, objectives and implement key departmental policies and procedures. You will have the opportunity cultivate and maintain a wide range of relationships and partnerships with customers, stakeholders, peers, partners and direct reports. In addition to providing leadership for your assigned team members, you will have the chance to collaborate with fellow managers to develop and motivate your combined teams to achieve excellence on multiple exciting and challenging projects.
- Leadership across all phases of the GN&C development lifecycle for an exceptionally high performing team of engineers executing programs operating in both space and atmospheric flight environments.
- Project leadership for your team including task & resource planning, project execution, risk management, metrics definition, earned value reporting and process compliance for all assigned development tasks.
- Reporting of cost, schedule, and technical performance to program leadership.
- Development and delivery of team products including but not limited to flight control law designs, navigation systems, guidance algorithms, attitude and pointing control systems, sensors, effectors, motor controllers, actuation systems, avionics components & systems, aerodynamic designs & databases, performance & analysis reports, test and verification plans & reports and program status briefings.
- Talent management including staffing, recruiting, promotions, retention, recognition, performance management and development of a world class team capable of executing some of the most exciting aerospace development programs.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at the listed location.
This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required) or requires candidate agreed to enter a Continuous Evaluation program.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skill/Experience):
- A Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 5 or more years of experience in an engineering leadership role (either as a lead or a manager).
- 5 or more years of experience with aircraft, missile, spacecraft, autonomous platform or similar vehicle Guidance, Navigation or Control systems
- 5 or more years of experience leading projects or people.
- Experience with classical and modern control theory/design/analysis.
- Experience with products operating in aerospace environments.
- Experience with aerodynamics.
- Experience with astrodynamics.
- Experience with navigation (Kalman filters, GPS/INS, state determination, attitude estimation).
- Experience with avionics system and component development
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor's and 15 or more years' experience, Master's with 11 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for 1st shift
Export Control Requirements: U.S. Government Export Control Status: This position must meet export control compliance requirements. To meet export control compliance requirements, a “U.S. Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. §120.15 is required. “U.S. Person” includes U.S. Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
No featured jobs. View All Opportunities
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities
No saved jobs. View All Opportunities