Lead Battery and Electrical Power Subsystem EngineerSeal Beach, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing is seeking a Lead Battery and Electrical Power Subsystem Engineer to work in the Seal Beach, CA location. Boeing's Space and Launch Division manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions.
- Primary responsibility is to develop and maintain space qualified battery designs.
- Analyzes electrical power subsystem results and performs design reviews.
- Leads team to analyze results and performs design reviews.
- Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies
- Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of batteries and electrical commodities.
- Performs technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection.
- Self-motivated and leads team assignments with the guidance of a leadership team.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelors, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Power balance and analysis tools using Excel
- Space qualified battery expertise
- Knowledge or expertise in solar arrays
Typical Education & Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More