Lead Guidance Navigation and Control EngineerSeal Beach, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security is seeking a Lead Guidance, Navigation and Control (GN&C) Engineer (Level 4) to provide support to X-37B and other programs. Activities include GN&C design, analysis, verification and testing for atmospheric flight and space environments. This position is located in Seal Beach, CA.
- GN&C navigation design & analysis, navigation hardware, Kalman filters
- Linear and Non-Linear control analysis
- Flight Stability & Control
- GN&C pointing
- GN&C software development
- GN&C Integration & Testing
- Guidance and Control architecture development and verification
- This will also involve participation in cross-segment integration.
- Self-motivated problem-solver, capable of taking initiative with minimal instruction. Completely understands and applies job practices, techniques, standards, principles, theories, and concepts
- Possesses general knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Independently determines and develops approaches to solutions.
- Applies knowledge of engineering principles and techniques in order to develop guidance, navigation and control systems for aircraft and spacecraft.
- Gathers, defines and documents system level requirements to support flight control and mission or trajectory requirements.
- Performs and documents design and analysis of Guidance, Navigation and Control (GNC) models and tools.
- Supports development of solutions and disposition of issues to assure customer satisfaction. Participates in new business development efforts.
- Works under general supervision.
- Able to problem solve in a clear and concise manner and have strong communication skills.
- Consistently and proactively works well with team members to solve complex problems and can also lead in a team environment.
This position requires an active SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation) U.S. Security Clearance, for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Experience with MATLAB.
- Experience in spacecraft dynamics and orbit analysis.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills and Experience):
- Experience working with astrodynamics.
- Experience working with classical and modern control theory/design/analysis.
- Experience operating in aerospace environments.
- Experience working with aerodynamics.
- Experience working with navigation controls (Kalman filters, GPS/INS, state determination, attitude estimation).
Typical Education and Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More