Lead Integrated Planning and Scheduling SpecialistSeal Beach, California; John F Kennedy Space Center, Florida; Kent, Washington; Chantilly, Virginia; Aurora, Colorado; El Segundo, California
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Integrated Planning and Scheduling Specialist located in Seal Beach, CA or Selected Satellite Sites. This position will be a part of the Boeing Space and Launch (S&L) Satellite Systems Business Area supporting the Experimental Systems Group (ESG) program.
We are seeking a motivated career-driven professional to support program and portfolio scheduling initiatives in a growing product area.
In this role, you will support our Government Satellite Programs Integrated Product Teams within the Seal Beach BDS Campus and El Segundo Satellite Development Center or approved Satellite locations. You will draw upon your experience in all aspects of the government program schedule including production programs, development programs, agile software programs, and Project Server portfolio management.
As an Integrated Planning & Scheduling (IP&S) team member, you will be required to develop proposal plans and schedules, baseline execution schedules, maintain the in-work schedules, perform critical path analysis and what-if planning, and support the delivery of IPMR Format 6 deliverables.
You will participate in all aspects of IP&S activities and execute the following to provide actionable, value-added products to their customers:
- Program Planning – Develop initial planning products (e.g. IMP, WBS, Master Phasing Schedule, High-Level Flows)
- Program Scheduling – Develop the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS)
- Detailed Scheduling & Change Management – Develop and maintain lower-level schedules
- Change Integration – Manage the change integration teams
- Project Management – Lead key program initiatives to improve execution.
- In charge of the program IMS and serve as the schedule lead for the Integrated Product team in developing, integrating, and maintaining the IMS reporting to the Program Management team
- Work closely with Integrated Product Team Leads, IP&S team, and program leadership to ensure alignment and integration of the IMS with other key program plans and schedules such as the Integrated Master Plan (IMP), Master Phasing Plan, Critical Path Analysis, High-Level Flow (HLF) and detailed schedules below the IMS
- Accountable for schedule compliance, assessment of schedule risk, identification of opportunities (including schedule margin planning), and providing robust/actionable performance reporting from the IMS to support and drive program management understanding and action
- Lead integration of supplier and partner plans and schedules into the IMS to ensure the whole team is operating to the same rhythm and priorities
- Model driving program execution through quick turn generation of prospective schedule performance analyses, recovery/alternate scenario planning, and improved schedule visibility/visualization.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite in Seal Beach, CA, or at Selected Satellite Sites.
This position requires a current Tier 5 (T5), formerly known as a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) (U.S. Citizenship required), or requires candidate agreed to enter a Continuous Evaluation program.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years’ Experience as a Master Scheduler
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- A Master's degree
- Active Top Secret (TS) with Sensitive compartmented information (SCI) clearance
- Experience with Earned Value Management (EVM) with applying Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) requirements
- Experience modeling complex development programs including integration of activities across multiple platforms, multiple suppliers, and customer resources
- 3 years’ Experience Microsoft Project experience with Integrated Schedules and Logic networks
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or have an understanding of PMBOK principles/relevant coursework
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
Typical Education and Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 10 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+8 years' related work experience, 14 years related work experience, etc.)
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug-Free Workplace where post-offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria are met as outlined in our policies.
Shift Work Statement:
This position is for the 1st shift. The Seal Beach location is on a 9/80 schedule with every other Friday off.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
- Software Engineering Intern Gdansk, Pomerania, Poland 07/01/2022
- Business University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- Engineering University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
- IT University Summer Internship Brisbane, Queensland, Australia 06/29/2022
No recently viewed jobs. View All Opportunities