Lead Weight and Mass Properties EngineerSeal Beach, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Defense, Space and Security, Space and Launch division, Experimental Systems Group (ESG) is seeking a Lead Weight and Mass Properties Engineer to provide support to the X-37B and other proprietary programs. This position is located in Seal Beach, CA.
** This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.**
- Estimate, calculate and measure/verify mass, center of gravity, and inertias of components, assemblies and completed vehicles or systems.
- Other responsibilities will be to develop and maintain weight, balance and mass properties accounting systems and generate required weight and balance reports, lead development of mass properties processes and tools, and provide visibility of mass properties information to integrated product teams and management.
- Perform in-flight mass properties trades and assessments.
- Support detail and installation drawing release process.
- Work with Responsible Engineers to establish target weights for component and unit-level specifications.
- Lead mass properties testing from component/unit level through system level.
- Interface with suppliers for mass-properties deliverables.
- Brief mass properties related topics to senior management and customers.
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a SSBI (Single Scope Background Investigation), for which the U.S Government requires U.S. Citizenship. A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3 years or more of experience working with mass properties.
- Engineering degree.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience gathering internal and external customer requirements and developing innovative solutions for mass properties analysis.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office Suite of Tools, NX.
- Demonstrated history of generating and approving technical documentation and reports associated with mass properties.
Bachelor's and 9 or more years' experience, Master's with 7 or more years' experience or PhD with 4 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More