Mid-Level Mechanical Systems Design & Analysis EngineerSeal Beach, California
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, our engineers share a passion to redefine what’s possible. To turn dreams into reality. To bring cutting-edge technology to market. If you are seeking a dynamic, innovative environment, this opportunity is for you!
The Boeing Commercial Airplanes team is seeking Mechanical Systems Design and Analysis Engineers to join our team in Seal Beach, CA.
This position supports all Boeing Commercial Airplane models in-service and development, including programs such as OoP, 747, 767, 777, 787, 737NG, 737MAX, 777X, and the next generation of commercial airplanes.
The selected individuals will research, analyze and interpret engineering data to develop and evaluate retrofit product configurations. Develops and defines customer retrofit requirements. Integrates data from configuration management sources. Creates retrofit product designs. Develops processes, tests, and validates retrofit/repair installations to ensure compliance with customer requirements and regulatory standards. Verifies retrofit design compliance with customer/regulatory requirements to enable approval. Directs use of process improvement methodologies. Analyzes customer technical queries and provides retrofit solutions. Works under general direction.
- Develop, manage, and status aircraft retrofit projects supporting SRPs, Delivery Commitments, Airworthiness Directives (ADs), Customer Commitments, etc.
- Research and interpret engineering changes and data to develop retrofit requirements. Engineering data includes drawing specs, CATIA/CAD models, Installation Plans (IP, CARMS), and Maintenance Documents (AMM, SRM, SOPM, etc.).
- Research engineering data using engineering tools/databases such as IVT, CATIA, ENOVIA, RADARS, PSDS, ECAS/IBEX.
- Develop and manage Retrofit Kit using PDM/ENOVIA.
- Apply extensive knowledge of customer retrofit requirements to develop an improved solution that is tailored for aircraft customers.
- Ability to communicate with technical personnel from multiple skill areas and functions to evaluate the retrofit solution and able to influence change as needed.
- Support various program leadership, change processes, and customer meetings to influence the retrofit decision.
- Develop, review and/or approve Service Bulletin, Information Notice, and Alternative Method of Compliance (AMOC).
- Respond to customer service requests (SR/BCS) related to Service Bulletin including COSP/Safety Assessment, determining Service Bulletin error engineering solutions, requested additional information or data, and RDR/AMOC support.
- Able to effectively communicate to external and internal customers as required.
- Occasionally travel will be required to support on-site Service Bulletin Validations and requested Technical Assists.
- Make use of and applies extensive knowledge of various engineering disciplines such as electrical, mechanical, software, and/or systems.
- Works under minimal direction and is willing to train others.
- Willing to stay late or work on weekends occasionally to support Retrofit Work and/or Airline Reported Issues.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/ Experience):
- BS degree in Mechanical/Aerospace/Civil Engineering is required.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Products and strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working directly with 7-series aircraft is preferred.
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in Design Engineering, Service Engineering, Field Service, Maintenance Engineering, or Customer Support is preferred.
- Experience with Engineering tools such as ENOVIA, CATIA, and PDM is desired.
- Experience working with FAA or Regulatory Administration is desired.
- Knowledgeable about Airplane Maintenance Standard such as ATA iSpec 2200 and/or S1000d is desired.
- Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics, or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
- This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
- Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
- This position is for 1st shift.
- All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
- Please apply ASAP for this role as recruitment may commence before the end date.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award