Senior EE System/Avionics Design EngineerSeal Beach, California
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us. Boeing is seeking a Senior EE System/Avionics Design Engineer (Level 5) to work in the Seal Beach, CA location. Boeing's Space and Launch Division manages the company's major commercial and government satellite and ground programs for communications, national defense and other missions.
- Primary responsibility is to develop and maintain space electronic/electrical systems.
- Analyzes electrical subsystem results and performs design reviews.
- Leads team to analyze results and performs design reviews.
- Provides engineering design disposition on discrepancies
- Documents processes, specifications and procedures that support the design and manufacture of space qualified electronic/electrical commodities.
- Performs technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection. Self-motivated and leads team development assignments with the guidance of a leadership team.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position requires an active/current U.S. Security Clearance with successful completion of a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) by the federal government within the last 5 years (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Bachelors, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry
- 10+ years of experience in electrical/electronic avionics design and architecture
- Experience in digital and analog circuit design.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience with Space qualified computers and computer-based architecture and designs
- Knowledge of communications, networking, interfaces, and protocols
- Familiarity with analysis tools such as Matlab and SPICE
- Experience with Software and FPGA HDML programming language.
Typical Education & Experience:
Degree and typical experience in engineering classification: Bachelor's and 14 or more years' experience, Master's with 12 or more years' experience or PhD with 9 or more years' experience. Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More