Senior Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) System Architect
Seal Beach, California
Here, systems engineering means integrating performance, safety, reliability, maintainability, testability and human systems into all of our products and solutions. In other words, you’ll build the future of Boeing.
of the time
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What does it take?
What makes a successful Systems Engineering employee? Check out the info to the right to see if you have what it takes.
- Technologically savvy
“ At Boeing, we work in space. We work in air traffic management. We build airplanes. It’s really rewarding to see work that we do in a lab develop into an amazing product. That’s a daily occurrence. ”Suzanne Hawkins Systems Engineer
Boeing’s Total Rewards may differ depending on business unit, subsidiary, position or geographic location. Certain eligibility provisions may apply to the programs or benefits below. Ask your recruiter for more details.
Most employees are eligible for an annual incentive reward.
Unlimited access to online lessons and certification courses.
12 weeks’ paid parental leave.
Generous company contributions and financial planning tools.
Back to School
Generous funding for hundreds of accredited colleges and universities (up to $25,000 per year for many programs; up to 100% for eligible STEM studies).
Up to $10,000 in donations and volunteer matching per year.
Senior Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) System Architect
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
The Boeing Experimental Systems Group (ESG) is seeking a Senior Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) System Architect (Level 5) to support development of new first-of-kind space vehicles and missions. ESG supports a variety of government customers spanning technology domains, and is an extremely fast-paced, responsive development environment delivering new capabilities to customers rapidly and affordably. The ESG portfolio consists of a range of platforms and technologies including the X-37B, the world’s first fully autonomous reusable spaceplane, which just completed its record-setting fifth flight in October and was the recipient of the 2019 Collier Trophy “for the greatest achievement in aeronautics or astronautics in America.”
You will participate in all phases of the system development life cycle, including concept of operations development, requirements development, analysis and decomposition, software and hardware system design, algorithm design, risk management, integration, test and documentation. The successful candidate will be leading development of Model Based Systems E ngineering (MBSE) practices across the ESG portfolio of programs. This is a 1st shift position.
- Leverage broad, multi-segment Systems Architecture and MBSE experiences to lead the implementation of MBSE across the entire ESG portfolio of programs
- Develop system-level concept of operations (ConOps), perform functional analysis and decomposition to meet end user needs using Model Based Systems Engineering tools and techniques
- Lead the development of formal systems requirements for space and ground elements.
- Lead the development of system designs that satisfy the system requirements.
- Conduct trade studies and lead trade study briefings to support the selection of algorithm approaches.
- Ensure MBSE commonality across all models and programs
- Share MBSE best practices, lessons learned and serve as an MBSE mentor for ESG Systems Engineering
- Focus the team, support and lead design review presentations.
- Assist in the development of proposals for new business that will implement MBSE
This position requires an active U.S. Security Clearance with a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) that has been successfully completed within the last 5 years. (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active).
Basic (Required) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry.
- 10+ years of systems engineering experience involving system requirements, functional decomposition and allocation, integrated design, analysis, and verification.
- 5+ years of experience involving Model Based Systems Engineering approaches, methods, and techniques.
- Experience leading system architecture and model development in an MBSE tool using SysML.
Preferred (Preferred) Qualifications:
- Systems Engineering leadership experience in development, integration, validation, and verification.
- Experience performing system level trade studies.
- Experience in modeling, simulation and analysis.
- Experience with Cameo Systems Modeler
- Familiarity with SQL/Access, MATLAB, C++, C#, Java
- Experience validating models
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 14 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+9 years' related work experience, Master+12 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility (Basic relocation is available for internal candidates, based on candidate eligibility.)
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Individual Contributor - 5
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.