Senior Project EngineerSeal Beach, California
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
The Boeing Commercial Airplane organization is currently seeking a Senior Project Engineer primarily to support the 737 and 777 Program in Seal Beach, California. This position may also support other fleets including cross model projects. The position is responsible for leading resolution of Safety Related Problems (SRPs) to support the in-service fleet by working with Airplane Programs and across Customer Support teams.
- Provides the Engineering leadership to a team representing multiple skill areas, which may include internal and external resources and customers
- Develops statement of work (SOW) to satisfy research and development, ongoing and new business requirements
- Build Integrated Project schedules to support the project based on complexity. Project schedule supported with resource based planning to enable first pass quality. Proficient in project Mgmt tools (Project, Excel etc. and ability to use tools to tell a story)
- Works with customers and management to obtain approval
- Responds to changes to SOW, assesses the impact and negotiates proposed changes to determine modifications to the deliverables, resources, costs and schedules
- Ensures any delinquencies have a risk identified to the overall project execution. Ability to clearly articulate a recovery plan, propose re-plan, demonstrate and instill urgency with stakeholders and be specific in any help requested
- Leads project execution to complete the work statement.
- Identifies performance metrics
- Plans, identifies, and coordinates resources required over the life of the project or program.
- Defines plans for risk mitigation and opportunity
- Compares actual results to baseline plan to assess project performance, efficiencies, productivity and lessons learned
- Provides technical, business and integration leadership for the development and execution of project or team plans
- Works under minimal direction
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience managing projects
- Minimum of 1 year experience leading cross functional teams or projects
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Project Management Certification (ex. PMP)
- Experience building integrated project plans, schedules and/or budgets
- Experience working in Systems or Structures disciplines within Design, Maintenance or Service Engineering
- An ABET accredited bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or a related field
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.