Boeing Summer 2020 Internship - Fire Protection EngineerSeattle, Washington
Boeing is the world’s largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Over the course of our 10-12 week internship experience, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with a mentor in your field of study while finding solutions to real world problems
- Experience our products up close by touring our state-of-the-art manufacturing and research facilities
- Interact directly with our company leaders to discuss strategy and the future of Boeing
- Build a lasting professional network through social events and engaging activities
- Gain the skills and knowledge to become a future leader in the aerospace industry
The Boeing Internship Program has the foundation you need to jumpstart your career. You will be immersed in exciting opportunities that will empower you to make decisions and develop your skills as a professional. Throughout your internship, you will have the opportunity to apply your education to meaningful projects while developing your skills. This program is very valuable to the company as it has a proven history of delivering Boeing’s top leaders. Apply today, and be a part of Boeing’s next chapter.
Security and Fire Protection (SFP) provides global risk management services and standards to protect people, property, information and support business resilience.
The Fire Protection Engineer responsibilities include:
Support company policies to ensure compliance with fire and building codes and standards
Provide fire protection engineering support and assist in investigating and tracking fire protection related losses
Support the determination of applicability of insurance standards and recommendations by assisting in risk, cost impact and fire protection analyses
Assess the results of fire system and product tests and provide recommendations.
Other Job-Related Information:
APPLICATION GUIDANCE: Clearly state your cumulative GPA, degree type with major, and graduation date (month & year) on your resume.
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as hiring is conducted on a rolling basis.
BENEFITS: Boeing offers a competitive internship compensation package and early consideration to interns for full-time opportunities. Intern benefits include intern travel assistance for those who qualify.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program with an anticipated graduation date on or after August 2020 (Note: The majority of opportunities are for students currently pursuing their undergraduate degree.)
- Ability to work full-time for 10-12 weeks during the summer
- This position needs to meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. "US Persons" include US citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee or asylee.
- Passion for the aerospace industry
- Academic excellence (GPA of 3.0 or higher) and community involvement
- Previous internship or work experience
- Majoring in: Fire Protection Engineering, Fire Protection Engineering Technology, or other related fields of study.
- Analytical skills, effective written communication, program management, global mindset, and effective leadership skills
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More