Facilities Multi-Services Senior ManagerSeattle, Washington; St Louis, Missouri
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Spectrum Management is seeking a Facilities Multi-Services Senior Manager to join our team in either Seattle, WA; or St. Louis, MO.
- Manages employees within the occupation performing US Spectrum Management, Electromagnetics & Compliance
- Develops and executes integrated organizational plans, policies and procedures and guides the development of business and technical strategies, goals and objectives to identify Boeing spectrum user needs, to ensure required spectrum access and establish the highest standards for spectrum regulatory compliance and policy
- Acquires resources for organizational activities, provides management of interface with Government agencies in obtaining Federal Communications Commission and Department of Defense authorizations
- Develops and maintains relationships and partnerships with regulators, customers, stakeholders, peers, business partners and direct reports
- Provides oversight and approval of radio frequency management and spectrum regulatory compliance risk management processes
- Participates in equipment make/buy decisions and in source selection; provides technical oversight and integrates supplier activities
- Performs industry benchmarking and best practices and leads internal process improvements; leads safety and quality initiatives
- Develops cost effective solutions and manages service providers internal and external to the enterprise
- Manages, develops, motivates and communicates with assignees and their managers
This position requires the ability to obtain a US Security Clearance for which the US Government requires US Citizenship.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years of experience leading and managing diverse teams
- 10+ years of experience with U.S. radio spectrum licensing, radio equipment certification, and spectrum allocation processes
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Experience interacting with business partners and customers
- Experience dealing with regulatory agencies or federal regulations
- Experience with radio frequency regulations and compliance
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and execute multiple tasks across multiple teams, government regulatory agencies, and all levels of management
- Ability to establish, develop, and sustain collaborative relationships with Government and Corporate leaders
- Thorough knowledge of historical and current regulations impacting radio spectrum use
- Courage to enforce spectrum regulatory compliance
- Capability to represent Boeing in meetings of industry and regulatory agencies, to organize legal counsel support, and work Boeing Government Operations and in coordination with the Spectrum Policy and Regulatory Affairs Team
- Good judgment skills and strong analytic, budgeting, and financial skills as well as the ability to understand the inter-relationships with other internal and external organizations
- Project/program management leadership experience and strong operations skills
- Strong working knowledge of Lean principles and Boeing program operations and processes
- Proven demonstration of the Leadership Attributes and strong communication skills
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
At the highest level, diversity and inclusion are part of Boeing's values. Having diverse employees, business partners and community relationships is vital to creating advanced aerospace and defense products and services for our diverse customers around the world. The company's commitment to diversity means providing a work environment for all employees that is welcoming, respectful and engaging, with opportunities for personal and professional development.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More