Mid-Level Customer Training SpecialistSeattle, Washington
Financial & Well
Health & Well
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Global Services (BGS) is seeking a Mid-Level Customer Training Specialist to join our Airplane Maintenance Training team.
The primary focus of this role is to develop, conduct and evaluate the effectiveness of technical training. This focus requires the analyses of customer technical training needs to resolve appropriate training content, objectives, and design. Additional duties of the role include research, courseware updates, and the development of new media in support of customer training.
This position will be based in Seattle, WA. All candidates must live in the Seattle, WA. Site area or be prepared to move at their own expense.
- Independently assembles and conducts customer training in broad subject areas using the appropriate medium to satisfy customer training requirements.
- Conducts analyses to evaluate customer technical training needs to determine appropriate training content, objectives and design.
- Develops, conducts, and evaluates effectiveness of technical training. Uses specialized software to research, configure, maintain, update and develop new and existing media and materials.
- Travels for work 25% of the time.
- Adjust work hours on occasion to support customer training.
This position is expected to be 100% onsite. The selected candidate will be required to work onsite at one of the listed location options.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Experience interpreting commercial technical data including drawings, maintenance and operations manuals.
- Experience conducting technical training and/or performing instructional system development.
- 5+ years' experience in aircraft maintenance and modification (This is time you were the technician physically working on the airplane).
- Capable of traveling 25% of the time
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree is preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience conducting technical training and/or performing instructional system development.
- Licensed Aircraft Mechanic.
- Experience maintaining commercial aircraft and have provided instruction on the same.
Typical Education/ Experience:
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 6 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience (e.g. Master+4 years' related work experience, 10 years' related work experience, etc.).
Relocation assistance is not a negotiable benefit for this position.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
At Boeing, we strive to deliver a Total Rewards package that will attract, engage and retain the top talent. Elements of the Total Rewards package include competitive base pay and variable compensation opportunities.
The Boeing Company also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life and disability insurance programs, and a number of programs that provide for both paid and unpaid time away from work.
The specific programs and options available to any given employee may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, and the applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
Please note that the salary information shown below is a general guideline only. Salaries are based upon candidate experience and qualifications, as well as market and business considerations.
Summary pay range: 80,750 – 109,250
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award