MillwrightSeattle, Washington; Kent, Washington; Puyallup, Washington; Auburn, Washington; Tukwila, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
To ensure compliance with President Biden’s September 9, 2021 executive order, Boeing is implementing a new requirement for U.S.-based employees to either show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved reasonable accommodation (based on a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief) exempting them from the requirement, by December 8, 2021 (timing may vary in some states). Individuals who are unable to meet COVID-19 requirements due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals with approved accommodations will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing.
Boeing has implemented a new COVID-19 Vaccination Policy in Australia that requires all new Boeing Australia hires to show proof of being fully vaccinated from COVID-19, or have an approved medical exception by 3 December 2021. For Victorian based employees, the compliance date is 26 November 2021.
All other global Boeing locations do not have a vaccination requirement at this time.
Boeing is seeking an experienced Millwright to support our Seattle, WA area facilities.
- Perform high rigging and rigging for mobile cranes and/or helicopters to move heavy loads (e.g., machinery, air handling units, roofing materials) to high work areas or roof tops using the proper slings, cables or chains, after determining the weight and balance of the load
- Lock out, tag out and try out in order to prevent injuries when working on or around machinery.
- Moving of machinery, equipment, flag poles, stacks, etc.
- Perform demolition projects (e.g., concrete walls, floors, small structures) using track hoe, jackhammer and/or concrete saw, as required.
- Perform excavation using backhoe and/or shovels to access pipes, cables or foundations.
- Lead, work with and check the work of assigned employees of lower classifications engaged in moving and positioning heavy equipment, real property and installed property
- Work with and assist plumbers, electricians, carpenters, welders and/or mechanics, to complete their assignments, as required.
The position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- 3+ years experience as a Millwright in the labor trades..
- Able to complete fall protection training.
- Willing and able to work in confined spaces.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- 3 + years experience operating mechanical lifts of various types in a safe manner.
- Experience in interpreting and working from blueprints, sketches and written and verbal instructions.
This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
These positions are 1st shift.
This is an hourly position governed by the International Association of Machinist Collective Bargaining agreement.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.