Refrigeration and Air Conditioning TechnicianSeattle, Washington; Auburn, Washington; Puyallup, Washington; Renton, Washington; Kent, Washington
Boeing is seeking several Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Technicians to join their diverse team!
- Lay out, construct, install and rebuild refrigeration and year-round air conditioning equipment for plant facilities.
- Perform work described in other maintenance classifications when incidental but necessary to the accomplishment of the assignment.
- Work from engineered drawings, sketches, verbal instructions, handbooks, etc., to accomplish required work.
- Read and interpret facilities/mechanical drawings, wiring diagrams, and/or schematics.
- Be capable of visualizing three-dimensional shapes from a two-dimensional views and understanding symbols, flag notes, and general notes.
- Read and make control adjustments using such typical testing equipment as Freon leak tester, thermometer (wet and dry bulbs), sling psychrometer, monometer, velometer, hydrometer, humidistat, etc.
- Install and adjust valve controls and perform electrical wiring and installation of special electronic controls used for regulating and controlling refrigeration and air conditioning equipment.
- Repair, maintain, trouble shoot and adjust all existing types of refrigeration and air conditioning equipment (production and building).
- Maintain necessary temperature and service records.
- Maintain required government and Boeing required EPA Universal Refrigerant Technician Certification, Lock out/Tag out equipment and related systems, as required.
- Observe and evaluate system operation using the on-line Energy Management Control System (EMCS), and visually inspect equipment, power source, wiring, plumbing, electronic components and systems for defects or maintenance problems.
The following Physical Demands described here are typical of those that may be encountered in this job; Climbing/balancing (stairs, ladders, poles, scaffolding, inclined surfaces), handling (holding, grasping), rotation of head/neck, standing, and walking for long periods of time.
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Supply Chain and Ops
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
This position must meet Export Control Compliance requirements, therefore a "US Person" as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15? “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
•Possess a card from a certifying organization approved by the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency), that shows you to be certified as a Universal technician as required by 40 CFR (Code or Federal Regulations) part 82, Subpart.
•Experience in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning field.
•Experience in heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) field performing trouble shooting, maintaining & repairing equipment
This is an hourly position governed by the IAM Collective Bargaining agreement. This position requires an individual when working at heights to utilize fall protection equipment that has weight limitations. High school graduate or GED preferred. Required EPA Universal Refrigerant Technician Certification, Lock out/Tag out equipment and related systems.
A RESUME MUST BE INCLUDED AT TIME OF APPLICATION, ANY APPLICATION WITHOUT A RESUME ATTACHED WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFCATION OF REVIEW FOR THIS APPLICATION
Contingent Upon Program Award
Diversity and Inclusion
We see the true value of diversity and inclusion both in our people and in our products and services. Learn More
See how we're active, involved and engaged members of the community. Learn More
With more than $3 billion invested annually in research and development, we drive innovation that will transform aerospace and defense as we know it. Learn More
In addition to compensation, our Total Rewards program offers valuable health and well-being benefits programs to help employees and their families better manage the various phases of life. Learn More
We're focused on the future and implementing bold strategies to improve our footprint. Learn More