Senior Product Cybersecurity EngineerSeattle, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the sea bed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us. The Boeing Defense, Space & Security (BDS) is seeking an Senior Product Cybersecurity Engineer. This Level 4 position is located in Seattle, WA.
The BDS Product Security Engineering team is responsible for the cybersecurity and resiliency of Boeing products and services and we are looking for talented engineers to join our team. The work is multi-disciplinary and includes activities in cyber and systems security analysis, engineering, and vulnerability assessments and mitigation.
You will be joining a team of advanced security engineers from across the Boeing Enterprise, who are jointly developing best practices, techniques and tools, and a community to draw upon to deliver best value to our customers. A successful candidate will highlight their interest and experience in software and system security, experience working in team environments, rapid prototyping, and supporting system and software development, integration and test. These systems cover information technology, as well as embedded systems, and other non-IT elements. You are also highly motivated and exhibit strong written and verbal communication, inter-personal, and problem solving skills, as well as the ability to work independently and effectively with external customers and subcontractors in a multi-discipline program and environment.
As an integral part of our team, you will be:
- Developing innovative software capabilities to secure Boeing products using DevSecOps pipelines and automation
- Leading product security software research and development projects
- Innovating new software-based capabilities to secure software containers from internal and external cyber-attacks by being able to detect, respond, and recover without human intervention or mission degradation
- Leading team of engineers developing algorithms, interfaces and designs for cyber-secure and resilient software systems
- Performing incremental adversity and threat analysis
- Performing analysis of systems, components, and suppliers for risks, vulnerabilities, and threats
- Performing collaborative design & development with other engineers and suppliers
- Leading engineers performing cyber risk assessments and developing risk mitigation plans
- Working with team of engineers performing incident response and mitigation
This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship.
An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post Start is required.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills and Experience):
- Minimum 4 years of experience with IOT or embedded product and cybersecurity systems, analysis, design, development, and testing
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading teams developing and testing software applications for PowerPC or ARM devices
- Minimum 6 years of experience developing and debugging software in Java, Python, and C/C++ using agile methodologies and configuration management tools
- Minimum 2 years of experience with Concept of Operations, requirements, and use-case development
- Minimum 2 years of experience leading teams performing Verification and Validation activities of hardware/software systems along with integration and Unit Testing
- Minimum 4 years of experience factoring and applying confidentiality, integrity and availability considerations in all phases of system development life-cycle
- Minimum 4 years of experience with requirements definition, subsystem allocation, and integration testing, and knowledge of avionics or embedded computing and communications systems
- BS in Cybersecurity, Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent is required
- This position requires the ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance for which the U.S. Government requires U.S. Citizenship. An interim and/or final U.S. Secret Clearance Post Start is required.
- MS in Cybersecurity, Computer Science or Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent
- Applied knowledge of and familiarization with cybersecurity principles, standards and practices
- Experience developing software in complex software architectures and pub/sub messaging frameworks
- Experience in agile software development methodologies and containerized software
- Understanding and knowledge of safety-critical platforms and embedded systems, such as those found in ground vehicles and aircraft
- Experience and familiarization with DevSecOps principles and practices
- Experience in dynamic software analysis including fuzz testing and penetration testing of embedded systems and open source software applications
- Understanding of software-based hardware emulation frameworks
- Experience in software development competitions, capture-the-flag events, or contributions to open-source software
- Experience developing containerized software
- Demonstrated performance in leading teams performing systems, electrical or computer engineering, or related fields, operating through part or all of the engineering life-cycle of a product
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility. Basic relocation is available for internal candidates.
This is a union represented position.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.